BIS Certificate for Anti Riot Shoes | BIS Certification for Footwear Manufacturers | IS 17037:2018
BIS Certificate for Anti-Riot Shoes:
These shoes are typically used by paramilitary forces and police forces. As the name indicates, the main use of these shoes is to protect the forces from the riots such as stones, sharp objects, fire, electric shocks, water, oil, and, many more. Though it helps the army personnel to do their day-to-day duties without any complication.
IS 17037:2018 was adopted by the Bureau of Indian Standards after the draft was finalized by the Footwear Sectional Committee had been approved by the Chemical Division Council.
This Standard was developed under the scope of “Make in India 1.0”
Product testing is very essential, let’s have a look at the importance of product testing.
- The main purpose of testing is the quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability. A positive declaration that the product is up to the requirement and expectation, then it will be effortless for the customer to trust that particular product.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure conformance with established technical standards to produce high-quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- A tested product helps in retaining customers, thus, provides a competitive edge
- Helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in case of weather, wear and tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
With the benefits of product testing, we can clearly estimate how testing ensures quality assurance and product credibility.
There are numerous advantages bis certificate of Anti-riot shoes, let’s have a look at those benefits :
A BIS certificate offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
Act as a shelter :
A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
A certified product serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
Acknowledgment by customers :
A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
Maximize the profit :
It provides a competitive advantage over competitors, though also build a brand reputation.
Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
Confirm the unmatched quality standards and also it is seamless to file government tenders.
With these benefits of ensuring conformance with standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming unmatched quality standards.
Now have a look at the physical requirements that the anti-riot shoes shall conform:
There are many requirements, so let’s get started :
- General :
- Whole footwear
- Lining material
- Counter stiffener
- Closing thread
- D rings and hooks
Height of Upper:
The height of the upper when measured in accordance with 6.2 of IS 15298 (Part - 1) shall be given as in the table :
For the purpose of this standard, all the definitions given in the IS 2050 of IS 15298 (Part - 2) and the following shall apply:
- Defective Footwear:
The footwear which has one or more than one defect (with respect to the quality characteristics)
A bunch of footwear in the consignment that belongs to the same size, same pattern, or batch of manufacture. In the case of the batch size, as if it is small, all the footwear of the small sizes and manufactured during a period not exceeding a fortnight, they may be grouped together to form a lot.
Any fault regarding the product, that does not satisfy specified physical or any other chemical requirements or if the product is damaged due to irregular packaging or any other carelessness. In addition, if it includes any irregularity in material or in workmanship.
(AQL) Acceptable Quality Level :
The percentage of defective products in a lot, for the purpose of sampling footwear, can be considered as a satisfactory process for an average for a given characteristic.
Product of scope :
This standard prescribes the requirements, methods, sampling, and tests for anti-riot shoes.
How JR Compliance will help you Ensuring Conformance With Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of Indian Standard.
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the BIS standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with a BIS-accredited laboratory for product testing.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
IS 17037:2018 is an Indian Standard, For the purpose of deciding whether a particular requirement of this standard is complied with the final value, observed or calculated, expressing the result of a test or analysis shall be rounded off in accordance with IS 2: 1960 ‘Rules for rounding off numerical values and also, to introduce your product in the Indian market, it’s very necessary to comply with standards. Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider is equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above-and-beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
For details, get in touch with our BIS certification Consultants.