BIS Certification For CCTV Cameras | CRS Certification Process
The fundamental purpose of a CCTV camera is to capture light and convert it into a video signal - that appears on our computer screen.
Like LED lights, mobile phones, electronic products, and other electric products, BIS certification for CCTV cameras is a mandatory requirement. In a nutshell, to enter the Indian market, you need to get a BIS certification.
The usage of CCTV cameras is constantly increasing mainly for the purpose of safety, probably that’s why, every bank, office, firm or company, and even home has cameras.
Now, as a matter of fact, only manufacturing or importing cameras is not enough, it needs to be tested and certified as per established norms. Thus, to ensure safety, reliability, and high quality - the Bureau of Indian Standards has made it a mandatory requirement to get a CCTV camera BIS certified.
For a better understanding of the benefits of obtaining a BIS certification, let’s move to the next section. Before that, we would also like to clarify that a WPC certification can also be applicable to a CCTV camera if it includes a Wi-Fi feature. Therefore, in this blog, we will also discuss what WPC is and how to obtain it.
What Are the Benefits of Obtaining a BIS Certificate?
As we have talked about earlier, a BIS certificate offers numerous benefits to manufacturers/ distributors/ sellers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A BIS certificate acts as a shield against penalties and fines that could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A BIS certificate serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Provides easy market access.
Since you are aware of the possible benefits you can avail of from getting BIS certification for CCTV cameras, let's move to which BIS certificate is applicable to CCTV cameras.
Which BIS Certification Scheme is Applicable on CCTV Cameras?
BIS certification includes three certification schemes namely -
- Indian Standards Institute (ISI)
- Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS)
- Compulsory Certification Scheme (CRS)
Let’s understand each of the certification schemes in brief -
Indian Standards Institute (ISI) ensures that a product complies with the established Indian standards thus, ensuring conformity with standards and safety of the final consumer.
On the other hand, the Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS) is applicable to foreign manufacturers to ensure that foreign-manufactured products comply with Indian standards.
Though, it is to be noted that, ISI and FMCS are similar in many respects, one such respect is products under their purview, both certification schemes include products like cattle feed, cement, food products, and more.
Conversely, CRS is applicable to electronically produced products - be it domestically or internationally. Some of the examples of products under CRS purview are mobile phones, IT products, and more. However, there might be a possibility that you might need to obtain an EPR for e-waste management.
Since we know which BIS certificate is applicable to CCTV cameras, let’s move on to how to get a BIS certificate for a CCTV camera.
How to Get a BIS Certification For CCTV Cameras?
- The manufacturer’s profile will be created on the BIS portal.
- The Test Report Format (TRF) will be generated for a BIS-accredited laboratory.
- After TRF generation, the lab will submit the report under the client’s profile on the BIS portal.
- Foreign applicants will duly appoint an Authorized Indian Representative (AIR) and must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Form A/B. While Indian applicants must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Format C.
- Furthermore, the online form will be submitted along with the required documents followed by the required fee.
- The certificate will be granted based on testing, not based on the factory visit, consequently, the CRS certificate will be obtained if your product complies with the BIS (CRS) requirements.
Easy, isn’t it?
It might be, if you have complete knowledge of standards applicable to CCTV cameras certification requirements to comply with, delivering product samples to India, and more.
This process will be more comprehensive if you are a layman or doing it for the first time, why don’t we make it seamless for you?
JR Compliance - possess the required experience and expertise in meeting the compliance requirements, with that we have completed over 10,000+ BIS certification projects. So, let’s see how we do it!
How We Make BIS Certification Seamless?
- We assist you in knowing whether a product falls under the purview of BIS.
- For comprehensible guidance, we will first scrutinize the certification requirements of a product.
- We will provide you with information regarding the number of samples required for product testing because product sample requirement differs depending on product type.
- We will educate you about the BIS CRS registration process, benefits, and documents required, including any query you may have regarding the same.
- Being a reputed BIS consultant, we will provide you with technical and non-technical support.
- JR Compliance offers competitive and excellent services to our clients by meeting the startled queries/demands of BIS.
- To ensure the utmost convenience for our client, we will also assist you in the customs clearance of the sample product.
- To meet your expectations we invest our efforts in day-to-day visits to the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We are available 24*7 to make sure our clients get what they expect from us, thus, we will provide you with the finest solution to your queries.
Since, we have understood what BIS is and which BIS certification scheme is applicable to a CCTV camera, and its process. Let’s move to what WPC is and how to get it.
What is WPC?
Here, WPC is Wireless Planning and Coordination (WPC) a segment Department of Telecommunication (DoT), discovered in 1985 under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. WPC license is an important requirement to sell or distribute equipment in India - however, how to get a WPC license online application is still a majorly asked question, that we will discuss in the next section.
How to Get A WPC License Online Application?
Step 1 - Filing the registration form along with documents.
Step 2 - Submit the registration fee.
Step 3 - Product testing will be done to ensure conformity with standards.
Step 4 - A license will be issued if a product meets the requirements.
Once the license is issued, you can enter the Indian market seamlessly, however, let’s not forget, that getting a WPC license online application is quite comprehensive and it is always important to have someone who can give you professional advice.
To make the WPC license online application procedure hassle-free -
How Will We Help You with the WPC License Online Application?
- Our WPC consultants in Delhi will help you understand each aspect of the WPC license.
- We will file a WPC license online application on your behalf.
- Our WPC consultants in India will complete the documentation on your behalf.
- Our experts will invest their efforts in properly coordinating with the officials and laboratory for product testing.
- Our experts will provide you with 24*7 assistance to resolve any query you may have.
WPC and BIS certification for CCTV cameras are essential requirements to enter the Indian market, although, as it has been mentioned in the starting, WPC certification is only applicable to CCTV cameras that possess Wi-Fi features, if not then only BIS certification would be applicable on the same.
Therefore, for a proper understanding of which certificate is applicable to a particular product, you need to get in touch with a reliable and experienced professional.
And JR Compliance has got you covered!!
We have been providing compliance services for the past 9+ years and have served over 10,000+ globally recognized brands such as Soft Banks, Newline, PD Cables, and more.
Get in touch with our BIS Certification Consultants for top-notch compliance services.