BIS Certificate for Leather Safety Footwear with molded PVC Sole | BIS Certification for Footwear Manufacturers | IS 14544:1998
BIS Certificate for Leather safety footwear with direct molded PVC sole :
This Indian Standard was adopted by the Bureau of Indian Standards after the draft was finalized by the Footwear Sectional Committee had been approved by the Chemical Division Council. IS 14544 was published in 1998. Leather safety boots with direct moulded soles are covered under IS 14544. This standard prescribes performance specifications for leather safety boots and shoes with direct moulded polyvinyl chloride soles used in the industry and with general purpose resistance to oils and chemicals.
Product testing is very essential, let’s have a look at the importance of product testing.
- One of the most important purposes of testing is the quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure conformance with established technical standards to produce high-quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- Helps in retaining customers, thus, providing a competitive edge.
- Helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in case of weather, wear and tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
With the benefits of product testing, we can clearly estimate how testing ensures quality assurance and product credibility.
There are numerous advantages of the BIS Certificate for Leather Safety Footwear with molded PVC Sole, let’s have a look at those benefits :
A BIS certificate offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- Act as a shelter :
A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- Gives evidence:
A certified product serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- Acknowledgment by customers :
A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- Maximize the profit :
It provides a competitive advantage over competitors, though also build a brand reputation.
- Widely accepted:
Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Unbeaten quality:
Confirm the unmatched quality standards and also it is seamless to file government tenders.
With these benefits of ensuring conformance with standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming unmatched quality standards.
Test requirement :
The footwear shall conform to the following physical requirement as given in table:
Product of scope :
This standard prescribes requirements, methods of sampling, and tests for leather safety and protective footwear having steel toe caps and with direct moulded polymeric soles for the protection of the customers.
How do We help Ensuring Conformance With IS 14544:1998 Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of IS 14544:1998.
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the BIS standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with a BIS-accredited laboratory for product testing.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
14544: 1998 is an Indian Standard, Safety and protective boots and shoes with direct moulded polymeric soles may be used by various industries including oil fields for providing safety to the workers engaged therein.
To introduce your product in the Indian market, it’s very necessary to comply with standards. Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider is equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above-and-beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, get in touch with our BIS certification Consultants.