BIS Certificate for PPE safety footwear | BIS Certification for Footwear Manufacturers | IS 15298 Part 2(2016)
BIS Certification for Personal Protective Equipment – Part 2 Safety Footwear
This Indian Standard IS 15298 (Part 2): 2016 was published in 2002, and this standard is adopted by the Bureau of Indian Standards. This order may be called Personal Protective Equipment Footwear (Quality Control), 2020.
The Bureau of Indian Standards shall be the certifying and enforcing authority for goods and articles specified in the table.
Product testing is very essential, let’s have a look at the importance of product testing.
- One of the most important purposes of testing is the quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure conformance with established technical standards to produce high-quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- Helps in retaining customers, thus, providing a competitive edge.
- Helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in case of weather, wear and tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
There are numerous advantages of a BIS Certificate for PPE safety footwear, let’s have a look at those benefits :
A BIS certification online offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
Act as a shelter :
A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines that could be imposed for not certifying a product.
A certified product serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
Acknowledgment by customers :
A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
Maximize the profit :
It provides a competitive advantage over competitors, though also builds a brand reputation.
Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
Confirm the unmatched quality standards and also it is seamless to file government tenders.
With these benefits of ensuring conformance with standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming unmatched quality standards.
Footwear shall be classified in the given table :
Basic requirements :
Safety footwear shall comply with the basic requirements given in the table below :
Product of scope:
Footwear, incorporates protective features, to protect one from injuries that could arise through any injuries and accidents.
How do We Help to Ensure Conformance with IS 13995:1995 Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of Indian Standard IS 15298 (Part 2):2016
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the BIS standards or not, Then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with the provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with a BIS-accredited laboratory for product testing.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
15298 (Part 2): 2016, is an Indian Standard, considering that, Considering the importance of the product the Footwear Sectional Committee decided to formulate an Indian Standard on this subject.
To introduce your product in the Indian market, it’s very necessary to comply with standards. Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider is equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above-and-beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, get in touch with our BIS Certification Consultants.