BIS Certificate For Stove | BIS Certification
A stove is basically an apparatus for cooking or heating through the use of burning fuel or electricity, which is the most crucial part of India’s cooktops markets. Additionally, if we talk about the size of India’s cooktop market, it stood at 468 million in 2017, while it is estimated to grow by $747 million by 2023.
The growth of the Indian cooktop market is constantly increasing due to an increase in the demand for innovative technology or smart appliances with the purpose to produce more energy and cost-efficient technology.
Along with emphasizing on energy-efficient and cost-efficient cooktops, a consumer is also preferring a tested and certified product to ensure that a product is safe and reliable. As a result of which, a manufacturer providing BIS-certified products is able to retain the consumers and increase sales by 15X.
Though, the concerned standard has been revised to ensure the high quality of the stove. However, the conformance with compliance standards is not mandatory, but voluntary.
Yet, being experts we will advise you to obtain BIS certification for stove for high quality and credible product. Let’s understand what BIS certification is, before getting into the benefits of obtaining a BIS certification.
What is BIS Certification?
BIS is an acronym for the Bureau of Indian Standards, which ensures that a product meets the prescribed standards through certification and testing. In a nutshell, it ensures that a product meets the standards of quality, safety, and credibility.
It came into existence in 1986 under the act of Parliament. BIS certification incorporates testing, hallmarking, product certification, standard formulation, and calibration. Moreover, in the year 2016, the new Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 came into existence which has fortified the activities of the BIS regarding standardization and certificate of products, articles, systems, processes, and services.
What Are the Benefits of Obtaining a BIS Certificate?
As we have talked about it earlier, a BIS certificate offers numerous benefits to manufacturers/ distributors/ sellers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A BIS certificate acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A BIS certificate serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Provides easy market access.
Since you are aware of the possible benefits you can avail of from getting a BIS certification for stove, it is clear to estimate that a BIS-certified product allows you to expand your market share, increase your sales, and help you retain your customers by ensuring manufacturing of high-quality products. With that let’s move to which BIS Registration is applicable to the BIS certification for stove.
Which BIS Certification Scheme is Applicable on a Stove?
BIS certification includes three certification schemes namely -
- Indian Standards Institute (ISI)
- Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS)
- Compulsory Certification Scheme (CRS)
Let’s understand each of the certification schemes in brief -
ISI certification scheme ensures that a product complies with the established Indian standards thus, ensuring conformity with standards and safety of the final consumer.
On the other hand, the FMCS certification scheme is applicable to foreign manufacturers to ensure that foreign-manufactured products comply with Indian standards.
Though, it is to be noted that, ISI and FMCS are similar in many respects, one such respect is products under their purview, both certification schemes include products like cattle feed, cement, food products, and more.
Conversely, CRS is applicable to electronically produced products - be it domestically or internationally. Some of the examples of products under CRS purview are mobile phones, electronic products, and more. Although, there might be a possibility that you might need to obtain an EPR for e-waste management.
Out of mentioned BIS certification schemes, ISI and FMCS certification schemes are applicable to the BIS certification for stove. With that, let’s understand how to get a BIS certificate of BIS certification for stove.
How to Get BIS Certificate For Stove | How to Apply For a BIS Certificate of Stove
ISI Certification Process
- The application form needs to be filled out.
- Further, a factory inspection will be conducted for the assessment of manufacturing infrastructure, production process, quality control, and testing capabilities.
- During an inspection, a product sample will be drawn for testing in a third-party laboratory.
- To review, the test report of the product sample will be used.
- Finally, you can obtain the certificate, if your product complies with the laid standards.
FMCS Certification Process
- The application form will be duly filled accompanied by the required documents.
- Along with form submission, a requisite fee will be paid, then a factory inspection will be conducted to verify the manufacturing and testing infrastructure.
- During factory inspection, the sample of a product will be drawn for independent testing.
- Once the inspection and independent test report verify that the product is complying with the BIS standards, the registration process will move forward.
- Before the grant of a license, the applicant has to pay the license fee and advance minimum marking fee.
- After making payments, the Agreement, Indemnity Bond will be signed and a $10,000 (USD) Performance Bank Guarantee must be furnished instantly after a grant of license.
- The FMCS certificate will be issued if a product complies with the BIS standards.
How Will We Help in BIS Certification?
- We assist you to know whether a product falls under the purview of BIS.
- For comprehensible guidance, we will first scrutinize the certification requirements of a product.
- We will provide you with information regarding the number of samples required for product testing because product sample requirement differs depending on product type.
- We will educate you about the BIS certification process, benefits, and documents required, including any queries you may have regarding the same.
- Being a reputed BIS consultant, we will provide you with technical and non-technical support.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with BIS requirements or not. While in the case of ISI certification, we can also conduct an on-site pre-audit, if required.
- JR Compliance offers competitive and excellent services to our clients by meeting the startled queries/demands of BIS.
- To ensure the utmost convenience for our client, we will also assist you in the customs clearance of the sample product.
- To meet your expectations we invest our efforts in day-to-day visits to the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We are available 24*7 to make sure our clients get what they expect from us, thus, we will provide you with the finest solution to your queries.
Understanding how to get a BIS certification for stove is quite challenging considering that it includes proper knowledge of the certification processes, an understanding of different standards on products, meeting distinct compliance requirements, and more. With that, the comprehensive processes of each certification scheme make it tough for a layman to have knowledge of each aspect related to BIS certification, we would ask you to contact a professional assistant - JR Compliance.
We - India’s #1 compliance service provider is equipped with all the resources to make the BIS certification process in Delhi or India seamless.
Ping us in and get your BIS certificate instantly.