BIS Certification For Cement | ISI Mark For Cement and FMCS Certification
Headlines like -
- A building collapses due to the poor quality of cement or concrete.
- A company asked to compensate for the poor quality of cement.
However, if we talk about recent news, recently in Gurugram a roof of an apartment collapsed and the probable cause of such an incident is the poor quality of cement. Cement plays an important role in the construction of buildings, apartments, factories, schools, and other infrastructures. Moreover, considering that we are a developing country, infrastructure development is an important part of economic development.
That raises the questions -
- What possibly can be done to ensure the manufacturing of high-quality cement?
- Does cement need to be tested?
- Are there any standards applicable to cement?
To ensure the manufacturing of high-quality cement, BIS certification for cement needs to obtain, which signifies that a product is of high quality and that it has been tested and certified under the BIS accredited laboratory.
That further answers the next question, since BIS certification for cement, is an obligatory requirement, thus certain parameters have been fixed, these standards need to meet to ensure that cement is safe and reliable. Though, before filing for BIS certification for cement, it is necessary to understand which BIS certification is applicable to cement, which we will discuss in the next section.
Which BIS Certification is Applicable on Cement?
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) includes three different certification schemes, namely -
- Indian Standards Institute (ISI)
- Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS)
- Compulsory Certification Scheme (CRS)
Let’s understand each scheme in detail -
Indian Standards Institute (ISI) is the certificate scheme under BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) which confirms that a product withstands the BIS standards which ensures safety.
Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS) as per the BIS Act, 2016 and Bureau of Indian Standards (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018, BIS has the authority to provide a license to the foreign manufacturer to sell products in the Indian market.
Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) under the Scheme II of Schedule II of BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018. Further, under this, a number of guidelines have also been formed.
Though all these certification schemes are not applicable to cement, only ISI and FMCS are two certification schemes application on the same. Thus, to build credibility and trustworthiness, you need to obtain ISI and FMCS BIS certification for cement.
If you are wondering, out of ISI and FMCS, which one you are required to obtain, then we would like to draw your attention to the following -
- ISI certification is applicable to Indian manufacturers, be it manufacturing food products, drinking water, medical devices, cattle feed, and more.
- FMCS certification is applicable to foreign manufacturers, such as medical devices, cattle feed, etc.
Now since both the certification scheme includes the same products, we would like to clarify that the products under the purview of ISI and FMCS are the same, the major difference lies in their certification process. The process of ISI certification is quite easy if compared to the process of FMCS because its certification process includes comprehensive activities such as traveling to the client’s destination country, delivering products to India, and more.
For a better understanding of the BIS certification process for cement, let’s move to the next section -
How to Get a BIS Certification For Cement | ISI, and FMCS Certification Process | ISI Mark For Cement
ISI Certification Process | ISI Mark For Cement
- The application form needs to be filled out.
- Further, a factory inspection will be conducted for the assessment of manufacturing infrastructure, production process, quality control, and testing capabilities.
- During an inspection, a product sample will be drawn for testing in a third-party laboratory.
- To review, the test report of the product sample will be used.
- Finally, you can obtain the certificate, if your product complies with the laid standards.
FMCS Certification Process
- The application form will be duly filled and accompanied by the required documents.
- Along with form submission, a requisite fee will be paid, then a factory inspection will be conducted to verify the manufacturing and testing infrastructure.
- During factory inspection, the sample of a product will be drawn for independent testing.
- Once the inspection and independent test report verify that the product is complying with the BIS standards, the registration process will move forward.
- Before the grant of a license, the applicant has to pay the license fee and advance minimum marking fee.
- After making payments, the Agreement, and Indemnity Bond will be signed and a $10,000 (USD) Performance Bank Guarantee must be furnished instantly after a grant of license.
- The FMCS certificate will be issued if a product complies with the BIS standards.
With the process of BIS Approval for cement, it is clearly established that ISI and FMCS are different. Moreover, it is to be noted that ISI certification is an online process, while FMCS is an offline process, which further increases the complexities.
However, JR Compliance - a leading compliance service provider makes it seamless through our expertise and professional approach. For more information regarding how we will make the procedure of BIS certification for cement easy, let’s move to the next section -
How We Help the BIS Certification Process?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of the ISI and FMCS certificate.
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the BIS standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- Obtaining an ISI and FMCS certification is no easy task, however, there is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced BIS consultants, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with BIS requirements or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with a BIS-accredited laboratory for product testing.
- As a leading compliance service provider, JR Compliance will assist you in the customs clearance of the sample products.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
We assure you that we are the #1 compliance services provider, not just for the sake of saying it, but our experience of over 9+ years and completed over 10,000 BIS projects of Indian and globally recognized brands such as Troy, Softbank, Bombay Dyeing, and more.
So, get in touch with us right now, to meet your compliance requirements.