BIS Certificate For Charger | CRS Certification
A BIS certificate for the charger - a safety we all pursue.
A BIS certificate is always seen as a solution to manufacture high-quality products considering that it is an authority that ensures the implementation of established standards. And chargers are one of the products which require BIS certification to enter the Indian market, similar to mobile phones, laptops, computers, and other electronic products.
Although, it raises a few questions -
- Why is a BIS certificate for chargers required?
- What possible harm a charger could cause?
- Consequences of using a poor quality charger?
The possibility of the mentioned questions is - poor quality of charger can damage a mobile phone which is definitely worth more than a charger. Additionally, it is not just about damaging the phone, it can also heat up the phone, which coils result in an explosion.
Considering how harmful a charger can be for the final consumer, BIS standards have been introduced to ensure conformance with Indian safety standards. The sole purpose of getting a BIS certificate is to make a product safe and reliable for final consumers, as consumers are completely aware of the fact that a tested and certified product does not only ensure high quality but safety and trustworthiness too.
To know more about - how beneficial it could be to get a BIS certificate for chargers, let’s move to the next section.
What Are the Benefits of Obtaining a BIS Certificate?
As we have talked about it earlier, a BIS certificate offers numerous benefits to manufacturers/ distributors/ sellers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A BIS certificate acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A BIS certificate serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Provides easy market access.
Since you are aware of the possible benefits you can avail of from getting a BIS certificate for chargers, let’s move to which BIS certificate is applicable on chargers.
Which BIS Certification Scheme is Applicable on a Charger?
BIS certification includes three certification schemes namely -
- Indian Standards Institute (ISI)
- Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS)
- Compulsory Certification Scheme (CRS)
Let’s understand each of the certification schemes in brief -
ISI certification scheme ensures that a product complies with the established Indian standards thus, ensuring conformity with standards and safety of the final consumer.
On the other hand, the FMCS certification scheme is applicable to foreign manufacturers to ensure that foreign-manufactured products comply with Indian standards.
Though, it is to be noted that, ISI and FMCS are similar in many respects, one such respect is products under their purview, both certification schemes include products like cattle feed, cement, food products, and more.
Conversely, CRS is applicable to electronically produced products - be it domestically or internationally. Some of the examples of products under CRS purview are mobile phones, electronic products, and more. Although, there might be a possibility that you might need to obtain an EPR too for e-waste management.
How to Get a BIS Certificate For Charger?
- The manufacturer’s profile will be created on the BIS portal.
- The Test Report Format (TRF) will be generated for a BIS accredited laboratory.
- After TRF generation, the lab will submit the report under the client’s profile on the BIS portal.
- Foreign applicants will duly appoint an Authorized Indian Representative (AIR) and must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Form A/B. While Indian applicants must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Format C.
- Furthermore, the online form will be submitted along with the required documents followed by the required fee.
- The certificate will be granted based on testing, not based on the factory visit, consequently, the CRS certificate will be obtained if your product complies with the BIS (CRS) requirements.
If you have complete knowledge of standards applicable to the charger, certification requirements to comply with, delivering product samples to India, and more - then you might find this certification process seamless. However, the need for professional assistance still can not be ignored
This process will be more comprehensive if you are a layman and doing it for the first time, why don’t we make it seamless for you?
How We Make BIS Certification Seamless?
- We assist you to know whether a product falls under the purview of BIS.
- For comprehensible guidance, we will first scrutinize the certification requirements of a product.
- We will provide you with information regarding the number of samples required for product testing because product sample requirement differs depending on product type.
- We will educate you about the BIS CRS registration process, benefits, and documents required, including any query you may have regarding the same.
- Being a reputed BIS consultant, we will provide you with technical and non-technical support.
- JR Compliance offers competitive and excellent services to our clients by meeting the startled queries/demands of BIS.
- To ensure the utmost convenience for our client, we will also assist you in the customs clearance of the sample product.
- To meet your expectations we invest our efforts in day-to-day visits to the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We are available 24*7 to make sure our clients get what they expect from us, thus, we will provide you with the finest solution to your queries.
Got every doubt regarding how to get a BIS certificate for charger clear?
We are glad to help you find the best solution for your concerns, however, won’t it be much easier to get in touch with us right now to meet your compliance requirements. If you still have any doubts regarding how to get a BIS certificate for charger, get in touch with us right now.
BIS Certificate For Gear | CRS Certification Process
Control gears are generally used in LED lights, motors, and other electrical equipment for different purposes. Want to get a BIS Certificate For Gear? Click here and know a BIS Certificate For Gear or CRS Certification Process and benefits.
BIS Certificate For Air Conditioner | CRS Certification
Want to know everything about how to get BIS Certificate For Air Conditioner or CRS Certification? Click and know - benefits, types of BIS certification schemes, and process.