BIS Certification for Footwear | Bureau of Indian Standards
What are footwear and its uses?
Footwear is referred to as a garment worn on the feet for protection of feet from various adversities. People wear footwear for fashion purposes and is also used as a status symbol. So, it means that footwear is used for the benefit of the person. But, this is also possible that this footwear can cause harm to the consumer. So what is the solution for this?
Let’s have look :
BIS Certification for footwear :
The guidelines on BIS Certification as per Scheme I for footwear manufacturers have been made step-wise. So that who are applying for the same first time must follow the guidelines. Though all the footwear must comply with standards and must have ISI marks. Why BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) Certification on footwear is mandatory? You’ll get to know ahead.
Here the question is, Why is the ISI mark necessary?
ISI mark is mandatory as it confirms that the product (Footwear) stands up to BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards), which ensures safety. Now, safety is a major concern in this. The person working in a particular profession or whether not working anywhere, he/she must need shoes which are safe, comfortable and which can protect from various dangers.
For this, you can predict how crucial is ISI mark for footwear.
With the issue of (QCO) Quality Control Orders on Footwear products by DPIIT, 27 footwear products have been brought under compulsory BIS Certification with effect from 1 July 2021.
The following three QCOs have been issued covering footwear made from rubber/polymeric material, and other material and PPE footwear:
- Footwear made from all - rubber and all Polymeric material and its components (QCO), 2020.
- Footwear made from Leather and other materials (QCO), 2020.
- Personal Protective Equipment - Footwear Quality Control, 2020.
Let’s discuss the ISI Certification Process for footwear:
Step 1 - An application form must be filled out.
Step 2 - An inspection (factory inspection) must be done for the evaluation, including, quality control, manufacturing process and many more.
Step 3 - A product sample must be drawn for testing in a third-party laboratory.
Step 4 - The test report of the product sample is used to review.
Step 5 - One can get the certificate if the product complies with standards.
There are BIS Standards for footwear, basically different types of footwear:
|335||IS 5557: 2004||Industrial and protective rubber knee and ankle boots|
|336||IS 5557 (Part 2): 2018||All rubber gum boots and ankle boots|
|337||IS 5676: 1995||Moulded solid rubber soles and heels|
|338||IS 6664: 1992||Rubber microcellular sheets for soles and heels|
|339||IS 6719: 1972||Solid PVC soles and heels|
|340||IS 6721: 1972||PVC sandal|
|341||IS 10702: 1992||Rubber Hawai Chappal|
|342||IS 11544: 1986||Slipper, rubber|
|343||IS 12254: 1993||Polyvinyl chloride(PVC) industrial boots|
|344||IS 13893: 1994||Polyurethane sole, semirigid|
|345||IS 13995: 1995||Unlined moulded rubber boots|
|346||IS 16645: 2018||Moulded plastics footwear- Lined or Unlined polyurethane boots for general industrial use|
|347||IS 16994: 2018||Footwear for men and women for municipal scavenging work|
|348||IS 1989 (Part 1): 1986||Leather safety boots and shoes for miners|
|349||IS 1989 (Part.2): 1986||Leather safety boots and shoes for heavy metal industries|
|350||IS 3735: 1996||Canvas Shoes Rubber Sole|
|351||IS 3736: 1995||Canvas Boots Rubber Sole|
|352||IS 3976: 2018||Safety Rubber Canvas Boots for Miners|
|353||IS 11226: 1993||Leather safety footwear having direct moulded rubber sole|
|354||IS 14544: 1998||Leather safety footwear with direct moulded polyvinyl chloride (PVC) sole|
|355||IS 15844: 2010||Sports footwear|
|356||IS 17012: 2018||High ankle tactical boots with PU – Rubber sole|
|357||IS 17037: 2018||Antiriot shoes|
|358||IS 17043: 2018||Derby shoes|
|359||IS 15298 (Part 2): 2016||Personal protective equipment – Part 2 Safety Footwear|
|360||IS 15298 ( Part 3) : 2019||Personal protective equipment – Part 3 Protective Footwear|
|361||IS 15298 (Part 4) : 2017||Personal protective equipment – Part 4 Occupational Footwear|
How JR Compliance will help you Ensuring Conformance With Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of Indian Standard.
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the BIS standards or not, and then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- We will coordinate with a BIS-accredited laboratory for product testing.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
This Indian Standard, For the purpose of deciding whether a particular requirement of this standard complied with the final value, observed or calculated, expresses the result of a test or analysis. Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a ls shall be rounded off in accordance with IS 2: 1960 ‘Rules for rounding off numerical values and also, to introduce your product in the Indian market, it’s very necessary to comply with standing compliance service provider are equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above and beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
For details, get in touch with our experts. If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.