BIS Certification For Import of Toys | JR Compliance
Want to obtain a BIS certification for imports of toys to be a part of India’s toys market, which will grow by 2 billion dollars by the year 2025?
Indeed, the toy market serves as a perfect opportunity for toy manufacturers to grow their business. However, to ensure safety the government has implemented several parameters which are obligatory to follow.
If not, a product can not be sold or distributed in the Indian market.
Considering that babies or kids would be the final consumer of the toys, it is necessary to keep them safe. Just like the implementation of BIS certificates on LED lights, electronic products, and helmets, BIS certification for imports of toys has been implemented.
In brief, similar to all the products which require BIS certification for imports, a foreign manufacturer also needs to obtain a BIS certification for import of toys.
That leads us to one of the important questions - which BIS certification is applicable to toys manufactured in foreign?
FMCS is a certification scheme applicable to the import of toys - FMCS certificate is applicable to the import of toys. And of course, as mentioned BIS certificate is an obligatory requirement for foreign manufacturers.
Though, before understanding how to get a BIS certification for toys, let’s start with the basic definition of these certifications -
What is FMCS Certification?
Foreign Manufacturer Certification Scheme (FMCS) ensures that a product manufactured in foreign abides by the Indian standards. It is more like a passageway to the Indian market.
The definition of both the BIS certification for toys conforms to the Indian standards to make a product safe and reliable.
With a better understanding of BIS certification for import of toys, let’s move to its certification process -
BIS Certification For Import of Toys
- An application will be duly filled along with the required documents.
- With form submission requisite fee will be paid, then a factory inspection will be conducted.
- During factory inspection, samples of toys will be withdrawn for independent testing.
- The certification process will only move forward if the factory inspection and product testing report indicate conformity with the established laws.
- Prior to providing a grant of a license, license fee and advance minimum marking fee will be paid.
- Once the payments have been made, an agreement and indemnity bond will be signed, including the payment of USD dollar 10,000 Performance Bank Guarantee immediately after receiving a grant of license.
- If a product conforms to the standards, a certificate will be issued.
Our Role in BIS Certification For Import of Toys
- Our consultants will check under which purview of BIS your toy falls for a better understanding of applicable standards.
- To provide clear guidelines in regard to the product, we will analyze the product requirements.
- Our BIS consultants will provide you with complete support in documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with all the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit.
- We directly coordinate with the officials, thus, we can schedule a factory inspection.
- An in-house testing facility is one of the essential requirements to obtain an FMCS certificate, our consultants are abreast with all the information to assist you in establishing one.
- We will directly coordinate with the laboratory to ensure appropriate follow-ups.
- Our experts will coordinate with the customs clearance authority to provide you with 100% assistance in customs clearance.
- If required by authorities, we will pay a visit to the BIS office to resolve any query they may have.
- We will invest our sustained efforts in meeting the startled requirements of officials.
- We will provide you with 24*7 support to solve any concerns you may have.
BIS certification for the import of toys includes a number of parameters to meet, as per the applicable standard, therefore, making certification tedious and complex. However, it is obligatory to obtain, because it serves as evidence of high quality, reliable, and safe products.
You are at the right place!
JR Compliance, India’s one of the leading compliance service providers is equipped with resources and expertise to meet all the certification requirements. Be it documentation, coordination with officials, conducting pre-audits, and more - consider it done.