BIS Certificate For RAM | BIS Certification Services
Random-access Memory - is a form of computer memory, which can be read and changed for the purpose of storing working data and machine code. Though, we would like to apprise you of the fact that, no BIS certificate is applicable to computer RAM. Thus, if you are searching for a BIS certificate for RAM, however, it is mandatory to get a BIS certification Online for an external hard disk.
Let’s understand what an external hard disk, so, an external hard disk is basically a portable device used to store information by attaching it to the computer. These are typically used for high storage capacities, while are often used for computer backup or serve as a network drive.
Since, it is established that the BIS Registration for RAM is the wrong keyword, although, if you are looking for, search for a BIS certificate for an external hard disk. Let’s commence with an understanding of the BIS certificate and the process of all the under BIS certification.
What is BIS Certification?
BIS is an acronym for the Bureau of Indian Standards, which ensures that a product meets the prescribed standards through certification and testing. In a nutshell, it ensures that a product meets the standards of quality, safety, and credibility.
It came into existence in 1986 under the act of Parliament. BIS certification incorporates testing, hallmarking, product certification, standard formulation, and calibration.
Moreover, in the year 2016, the new Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 came into existence which has fortified the activities of the BIS considering standardization and certificate of products, articles, systems, processes, and services.
A BIS certificate offers an abundance of benefits to a product, from ensuring quality to the safety of consumers.
Let’s move to the next section to know the certification scheme under BIS.
Which BIS Certification is Applicable on RAM?
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) includes three different certification schemes, namely -
- Indian Standards Institute (ISI)
- Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS)
- Compulsory Certification Scheme (CRS)
Let’s understand each scheme in detail -
Indian Standards Institute (ISI) is the certificate scheme under BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) which confirms that a product withstands the BIS standards to ensure safety.
Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS) as per the BIS Act, 2016 and Bureau of Indian Standards (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018, BIS has the authority to provide a license to foreign manufacturers to sell products in the Indian market.
Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) under the Scheme II of Schedule II of BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018. Further, under this, a number of guidelines have also been formed for electric and electronic products.
As you must have understood, both certification schemes include different products depending on which a certain BIS certificate is applicable on the same.
Just so we are clear, ISI and FMCS certification includes all products such as cattle feed, steel, food, cables, toys, and more, excluding electric and electronic products such as air conditioners, mobile phones, barcode scanners, etc, as these fall under CRS. It is to be noted that, the process of all the certification schemes under BIS differs, thus, it is necessary to thoroughly understand that no BIS certification is applicable to the RAM of a computer, or else it could delay the process of certification.
Here, let’s have a look at the process of obtaining a BIS certificate.
How to Get a BIS Certification? BIS Certification Process
ISI Certification Process
- The application form needs to be filled out.
- Further, a factory inspection will be conducted for the assessment of manufacturing infrastructure, production process, quality control, and testing capabilities.
- During an inspection, a product sample will be drawn for testing in a third-party laboratory.
- To review, the test report of the product sample will be used.
- Finally, you can obtain the certificate, if your product complies with the laid standards.
FMCS Certification Process
- The application form will be duly filled out and accompanied by the required documents.
- Along with form submission, a requisite fee will be paid, then a factory inspection will be conducted to verify the manufacturing and testing infrastructure.
- During factory inspection, the sample of a product will be drawn for independent testing.
- Once the inspection and independent test report verify that the product is complying with the BIS standards, the registration process will move forward.
- Before the grant of a license, the applicant has to pay the license fee and advance minimum marking fee.
- After making payments, the Agreement, and Indemnity Bond will be signed and a $10,000 (USD) Performance Bank Guarantee must be furnished instantly after a grant of license.
- The FMCS certificate will be issued if a product complies with the BIS standards.
CRS Certification Process
- The manufacturer’s profile will be created on the BIS portal.
- The Test Report Format (TRF) will be generated for a BIS-accredited laboratory.
- After TRF generation, the lab will submit the report under the client’s profile on the BIS portal.
- Foreign applicants will duly appoint an Authorized Indian Representative (AIR) and must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Form A/B. While Indian applicants must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Format C.
- Furthermore, the online form will be submitted along with the required documents followed by the required fee.
- The certificate will be granted based on testing, not based on the factory visit, consequently, the CRS certificate will be obtained if your product complies with the BIS (CRS) requirements.
With the process of BIS certification, it is easy to understand how comprehensive it is, considering that it requires a great deal of effort and time, to meet the compliance requirement of any product under the purview of BIS.
No problem! We have got you covered.
To make you understand how we will make BIS certification seamless, move to the next section.
How Will We Help in BIS Certification?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of the BIS certificate.
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the BIS standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- Obtaining a BIS certification is no easy task, however, there is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced BIS consultants, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with BIS requirements or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with a BIS-accredited laboratory for product testing.
- As a leading compliance service provider, JR Compliance will assist you in the customs clearance of the sample products.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
Hope you have understood, that the keyword, “BIS certificate for RAM,” is nothing though, you can obtain a CRS certificate for an external hard disk. Thus, you don’t have to get a BIS certificate for RAM, but for the product.
If you want to apply for a BIS certificate for any of the products - JR Compliance is a one-stop solution for your compliance needs.
Contact our experts immediately, to meet Indian and Global Compliance Requirements for BIS Certification Services.