BIS Compulsory Registration Scheme | CRS Registration Scheme
BIS compulsory registration scheme - is a scheme operated by the Bureau of India Standards, under Scheme-II of Schedule-II of BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018.
Under CRS, the electronic products either domestically produced or imported have to clear the testing to obtain the certificate. To be noted, the conformity of the product will be procured after testing and examination.
On 3rd October 2012, Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirement for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012 was passed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) for different categories of 15 electronic products.
Under the same order on 13th November 2014, 15 more products were added, for instance, power adapters for IT products, mobile phones, point of sale terminals, a copying machine or duplicators, etc.
The list of products under BIS CRS is not limited to these products only, to ensure safer products, 13 more products were included on 23rd August 2017, some of these products are, LED floodlights, CCTV cameras, or recorders, smartwatches, recessed LED luminaires, so on and forth.
Currently, 79 products fall under the purview of the BIS compulsory registration scheme.
Since we have established what the BIS compulsory registration scheme is, let’s have a look at, the benefits of BIS certification.
What Are the Benefits of Obtaining a BIS Certificate?
As we have talked about it earlier, a BIS certificate offers numerous benefits to manufacturers/ distributors/ sellers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A BIS certificate acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A BIS certificate serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Provides easy market access.
Since you are aware of the possible benefits you can avail of from getting a BIS compulsory registration scheme, let’s move on to which products the CRS BIS certificate is applicable.
What Are the Distinct BIS Certification Schemes?
BIS certification includes three certification schemes namely -
- Indian Standards Institute (ISI)
- Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS)
- Compulsory Certification Scheme (CRS)
Let’s understand each of the certification schemes in brief -
ISI certification scheme ensures that a product complies with the established Indian standards thus, ensuring conformity with standards and safety of the final consumer.
On the other hand, the FMCS certification scheme is applicable to foreign manufacturers to ensure that foreign-manufactured products comply with Indian standards.
Though, it is to be noted that, ISI and FMCS are similar in many respects, one such respect is products under their purview, both certification schemes include products like cattle feed, cement, food products, and more.
Conversely, CRS is applicable to electronically produced products - be it domestically or internationally. Some of the examples of products under CRS purview are mobile phones, electronic products, electric products, and more. Although, there might be a possibility that you might need to obtain an EPR too for e-waste management.
Since we know the BIS compulsory registration scheme is applicable to IT and electronic products, let’s move to how to get a BIS compulsory registration scheme.
How to Get a BIS Compulsory Registration Scheme?
- The manufacturer’s profile will be created on the BIS portal.
- The Test Report Format (TRF) will be generated for a BIS accredited laboratory.
- After TRF generation, the lab will submit the report under the client’s profile on the BIS portal.
- Foreign applicants will duly appoint an Authorized Indian Representative (AIR) and must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Form A/B. While Indian applicants must submit an affidavit cum undertaking as per Format C.
- Furthermore, the online form will be submitted along with the required documents followed by the required fee.
- The certificate will be granted based on testing, not based on the factory visit, consequently, the CRS certificate will be obtained if your product complies with the BIS (CRS) requirements.
Easy, isn’t it?
It might be, if you have complete knowledge of standards applicable to IT and electronic products to comply with, delivering product samples to India, and more.
This process will be more comprehensive if you are a layman and doing it for the first time, why don’t we make it seamless for you?
How We Make BIS Certification Seamless?
- We assist you to know whether a product falls under the purview of BIS.
- For comprehensible guidance, we will first scrutinize the certification requirements of a product.
- We will provide you with information regarding the number of samples required for product testing because product sample requirement differs depending on product type.
- We will educate you about the BIS CRS registration process, benefits, and documents required, including any query you may have regarding the same.
- Being a reputed BIS consultant, we will provide you with technical and non-technical support.
- JR Compliance offers competitive and excellent services to our clients by meeting the startled queries/demands of BIS.
- To ensure the utmost convenience for our client, we will also assist you in the customs clearance of the sample product.
- To meet your expectations we invest our efforts in day-to-day visits to the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We are available 24*7 to make sure our clients get what they expect from us, thus, we will provide you with the finest solution to your queries.
Got every doubt regarding how to get a BIS compulsory registration scheme?
We are glad to help you find the best solution for your concerns, however, won’t it be much easier to get in touch with us right now to meet your compliance requirements with a snap of fingers. In case we have missed something that you might be interested in knowing how to get a BIS compulsory registration scheme, get in touch with us right now.