BIS ISI certificate for polyurethane sole semirigid | BIS Certification for Footwear Manufacturers | IS 13893:1994
BIS Certificate for Polyurethane sole, semirigid :
This IS 13893:1994 was adopted by the Bureau of Indian Standards after the draft was finalized by the Footwear Sectional Committee and had been approved by the Chemical Division Council. Polyurethane soles are intended for the fabrication of footwear - bottom for general purposes as well as repair for the same.
Product testing is very essential, let’s have a look at the importance of product testing.
- One of the most important purposes of testing is the quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure conformance with established technical standards to produce high-quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- Helps in retaining customers, thus, providing a competitive edge.
- Helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in case of weather, wear tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
With the benefits of product testing, we can clearly estimate how testing ensures quality assurance and product credibility.
There are numerous advantages of the BIS Certificate for polyurethane sole semirigid, let’s have a look at those benefits :
A BIS certificate offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- Act as a shelter :
A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- Gives evidence:
A certified product serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- Acknowledgment by customers :
A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- Maximize the profit :
It provides a competitive advantage over competitors, though also builds a brand reputation.
- Widely accepted:
Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Unbeaten quality:
Confirm the unmatched quality standards and also it is seamless to file government tenders.
With these benefits of ensuring conformance with standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming unmatched quality standards.
Test Requirements :
The soles shave antislip soles or any other design which has been agreed upon between the purchaser and suppliers.
The thickness of the sole shall not be less than 10 mm at any portion of the sole.
Physical requirements :
The product shall comply with the physical requirements given in the table :
Product of scope :
This standard prescribes the specifications and the methods of sampling and testing for polyurethane, semirigid, and unit-full soles.
How do We help Ensuring Conformance With IS 13893:1994 Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of Indian Standard 13893:1994
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the BIS standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with a BIS-accredited laboratory for product testing.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
IS 13893:1994 is an Indian Standard, considering that, the details of the design aspect of soles and the composition of polyurethane mix have been kept out of the scope of this standard; prescribing only the essential physical requirements.
To introduce your product in the Indian market, it’s very necessary to comply with standards. Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - As a leading compliance services provider, JR Compliance have the experts and resources to fully support you in obtaining your BIS certification.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, Get in touch with the best compliance consultants in India.