BIS ISI Certification for Safety Glass | IS 2553(Part-1):2018
BIS certification for safety glass
Indian Standard 2553 (Part-1):2018 was adopted by the Bureau of Indian Standards. Obtaining BIS certification Services for safety glass can help manufacturers demonstrate that their products meet the necessary safety standards for the Indian market, which can help improve consumer trust and confidence in the product.
Product testing is very essential, let’s have a look at the importance of product testing.
- One of the most important purposes of testing is the quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure conformance with established technical standards to produce high-quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- Helps in retaining customers, thus, providing a competitive edge.
- It helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in the case of weather, wear and tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
With the benefits of product testing, we can clearly estimate how testing ensures quality assurance and product credibility.
Updates Guidelines For 2023-24
It is highly mandatory for manufacturers and suppliers of safety glass to ensure that their products meet the quality control standards set out by regulatory authorities. Effective quality control measures will not only help to ensure the safety of end-users, but also protect the reputation and credibility of the manufacturer or supplier.
As of April 1st, 2023, all safety glass products must adhere to the quality control regulations mandated by regulatory authorities. This is a critical requirement for manufacturers and suppliers who deal in safety glass products. It is imperative that they conduct regular quality control checks to ensure that their products comply with the latest safety standards and guidelines.
Check out this snippet issued by the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
There are numerous advantages of the BIS Certificate for Safety Glass, let’s have a look at those benefits :
A BIS certification offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, which further helps build trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines that could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A certified product serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Seamless to file government tenders.
With these benefits of ensuring conformance with IS 2553(Part-1):2018, standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming unmatched quality standards.
Product of scope :
The IS 2553 (Part 1):2018 standard classifies safety glass into two categories: Toughened (Tempered) and Laminated Safety Glass. The standard outlines specific requirements for Flat Toughened (Tempered), Curved Toughened (Tempered), and Laminated Safety Glass.
When applying for a license or seeking to extend its scope, grouping guidelines based on nominal thickness and glass type must be followed.
The highest and lowest nominal thickness samples may be drawn for testing to cover all thicknesses within the range of the license.
Separate samples must be drawn for each type of toughened safety glass and laminated safety glass. To be granted a license or change its scope, the firm must have all necessary manufacturing and testing facilities for the specific glass types included in the license.
Additionally, during license operation, samples of all varieties covered in the scope of the license must be drawn by rotation.
Presented below is a comprehensive table outlining the various levels of control as stipulated in the IS 2553 (Part-1):2018 standard.
How do We help Ensuring Conformance With IS 2553 (Part 1):2018 Specifications?
We will educate you concerning every aspect of Indian Standard IS 2553 (Part 1):2018
There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process comply with the provided specifications.
JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
We will coordinate with a BIS-accredited laboratory for product testing.
You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
IS 2553 (Part 1):2018 is an Indian Standard, considering that, IS 2553 (Part 1):2018 toughened safety glass must not be cut with the purpose of introducing your product in the Indian market.
Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider is equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above-and-beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, get in touch with our BIS Certification Consultants.