BIS Registration For Hallmark | Hallmarking Process
India is one of the highest consumers of gold and in fiscal 2021- 2022 India accounted for 33.34 percent to $46.14 billion of Gold. However, if we talk about the consumption of gold in India, then in 2021, the consumption of gold in India has increased to 797.3 tonnes, which was the highest level of consumption in the last five years.
With the high consumption of gold, it is considered necessary by the government to bring transparency and increase consumer trust, and as a way to ensure credibility, the hallmarking scheme under BIS has been introduced to signify the high quality and credibility of gold.
Moreover, for the past two decades, gold hallmarking was voluntary, however, from June 16, 2021, it is made mandatory to complete the BIS registration for the hallmark. And in order to do that, the Bureau of Indian Standards has been entrusted with the responsibility to ensure compliance with established rules and regulations.
Thus, conformance with these standards is a mandatory requirement, considering that this would help the government to systematically develop the gold market center in the world.
Now, a buyer can make an authentic purchase and save from unreliable or low-quality purchases of gold, to allow them to move to a more trusted gold jeweler if BIS registration for hallmark of gold needs to obtain.
Before moving forward with how to complete BIS registration for hallmark, let’s move to, what is Bureau of Indian Standards is and its distinct certification schemes.
What is BIS Certification?
BIS is an acronym for the Bureau of Indian Standards, which ensures that a product meets the prescribed standards through certification and testing. In a nutshell, it ensures that a product meets the standards of quality, safety, and credibility.
It came into existence in 1986 under the act of Parliament. BIS certification incorporates testing, hallmarking, product certification, standard formulation, and calibration. Moreover, in the year 2016, the new Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 came into existence which has fortified the activities of the BIS regarding standardization and certificate of products, articles, systems, processes, and services.
- A BIS certificate acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A BIS certificate serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Provides easy market access.
Let’s move to the next section to know the certification scheme under BIS.
Which BIS Certification is Applicable on Gold?
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) includes three different certification schemes, namely -
- Indian Standards Institute (ISI)
- Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS)
- Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS)
- BIS Hallmarking
Let’s understand each scheme in detail -
Indian Standards Institute (ISI) is the certificate scheme under BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) which confirms that a product withstands the BIS standards which ensures safety.
Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS) as per the BIS Act, 2016 and Bureau of Indian Standards (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018, BIS has the authority to provide a license to the foreign manufacturer to sell products in the Indian market.
Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) under the Scheme-II of Schedule-II of BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018. Further, under this, a number of guidelines have also been formed for electric and electronic products.
It is to be clarified that Hallmarking is one of the schemes under the BIS Act 2016, BIS Rules 2018 and BIS (Hallmarking) Regulations, 2018, and BIS (Hallmarking) Amendment Regulations, 2021. This act signifies that any jeweler who is willing to sell hallmarked jewelry must file an application at the Manakonline platform.
Thus, if you are willing to sell gold jewelry, you must apply for the same. To know more about how to complete the BIS registration for hallmark, move on to the next section.
How to Complete BIS Registration For Hallmark | BIS Hallmark Process
- Visit the official website of Manakonline.
- Click on the link at the Manak Portal under “Notification,” thereafter, click on “For jeweler registration.”
- You will be redirected to the NSWS page, click on the “all approvals,” then click on “Central Approvals.”
- Once you reach the “approval and registration” page, search for “hallmark.”
- Click on, “registration.”
- Provide details such as your name, mobile number, and other information.
- Complete the verification and log in through your credentials.
- Thereafter, click on, “apply now.”
- Enter your CIN or LLPIN as per your business entity, however, in case you are a sole proprietor, simply click on valid and proceed.
- Provide the required information and review the application.
- On the successful completion and submission of the application, visit the “registration of jewelers for selling hallmarked jewelry or artifacts,” page.
- Again, provide the required information and successfully submit the application.
Since it is clear how to do a BIS registration for hallmark, let’s move on to how we will help you in the BIS registration of hallmark.
How Will We Make BIS Registration For Hallmark Seamless?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of the BIS certificate.
- Obtaining a BIS certification is no easy task, however, there is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced BIS consultants, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct pre-product analyzes to confirm whether to ensure compliance with BIS requirements or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- We will coordinate with a BIS accredited laboratory for product testing.
- As a leading compliance service provider, JR Compliance will assist you in the customs clearance of the sample products.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
Hope you have understood how to complete BIS registration for hallmark, though, it is to be noted that, the process of BIS registration for hallmark is not as comprehensive as ISI certification or FMCS certification, considering that both the certification process includes testing and certification including an understanding of another distinct factor concerning the same.
Contact our experts immediately, to meet Indian and Global Compliance Requirements.
How to Get BIS Certificate For Transformer | BIS Certification Process
To ensure the safety and reliability of the customers, it is necessary to obtain a BIS certificate for transformer. Click and know about How to Get BIS Certificate For Transformer or BIS Certification Process for transformers.
BIS Certification For Solar Inverter | BIS Certification Process | Solar Inverter BIS Certification
Know - how to Get BIS Certification For Solar Inverter or BIS Certification Process, including its process, benefits, and gist about BIS certification schemes.