Food License Registration Online Apply For Cloud Kitchen
With the growing popularity of online food delivery and takeout services, the demand for cloud kitchens (also known as Virtual kitchens and ghost kitchens) is also growing. Like other food businesses, Cloud kitchens are also subject to food safety regulations in India. FSSAI gives guidelines and licenses to cloud kitchens. FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. Business operators and restaurants need FSSAI licenses to ensure that the food meets the standards of the Indian Authority, regardless of what kind of restaurant they own and where it is located. FSSAI License for Cloud Kitchen also acts as a guarantee to the clients that the food served is wholesome, hygienic, and safe to eat.
What is Cloud Kitchen?
Cloud Kitchens also known as the online restaurant industry is a delivery-only restaurant that accepts orders exclusively online and provides doorstep delivery to customers from a simple base kitchen. This reduces cost and increases efficiency.
These days, many restaurants have established themselves as leading Cloud Kitchens.
FSSAI License for Cloud Kitchen
To legally operate a cloud kitchen in India, you need to obtain a food safety license or registration from the FSSAI, which is mandatory for all businesses related to food, including cloud kitchens. The FSSAI license ensures the food served to customers is safe and wholesome, and prepared in a secure and hygienic environment.
It also ensures that the food served to customers is according to the safety and quality standards the FSSAI sets. The license also ensures that the kitchen is regularly inspected and any violations are rectified promptly.
Visit our YouTube video to learn about the Fssai license.
Importance of FSSAI License for Cloud Kitchen
The FSSAI license regulates the quality of food served by the restaurant.
FSSAI License enhances trust, and credibility and boosts consumer trust in the brand.
The Cloud Kitchen is protected from any legal complications due to the FSSAI License.
It helps in the growth and standardization of the business and the operation of the cloud kitchen
Type of FSSAI License for Cloud Kitchen
- Basic FSSAI Registration: For Small Food businesses with a turnover of up to 12 lakh. The process to obtain basic FSSAI Registration is straightforward.
- State FSSAI Registration: For medium-sized businesses with turnover between 12 lakh and 20 crores. The application process for State FSSAI Registration requires submitting the required documents to the concerned authorities.
- Central FSSAI Registration: For large businesses with a turnover of more than 20 crores. The application process to obtain a Central FSSAI Registration is quite complex and requires submitting more documents than the above two.
Documents required for FSSAI License of Cloud Kitchen
Documents required for different types of ** FSSAI License registration process** are listed below:
Documents required for obtaining BASIC registration of FSSAI License-
Passport size photo
Name and address of the company
Declaration form of FSSAI
Name and details of business
Visit our blog to learn about How to apply for Fssai license.
Documents required for obtaining STATE registration of FSSAI License-
- Property rental agreement of the business
- Aadhar Card, Driver’s License, Passport, Voter ID of concerned person
- Registration certificates issued by the government
- If the business is a Private Limited Company Registration In India or a partnership firm, then the applicant must submit a copy of the partnership deed, MOA & AOA
- Type of business
- Declaration form of FSSAI
Documents required for obtaining Central registration of FSSAI License-
- Owners Pan and Aadhaar and passport size photo
- Co. Pan card, ( in the case of a company)
- Registration proof - Partnership Deed / COI in case of Company)
- Rent agreement, if rented
- Office address proof (electricity/ phone bill/gas bill)
- Layout plan (on letterhead duly signed)
- List of Equipments used (on letterhead duly signed)
- Water report, if applicable
- Business address photos ( min. 4 to 5)
- Email Id
- Mobile Number
- name of business
- Business activity
**DOCUMENTS REQUIRED - **
Owners/Directors/ Partners Pan and Aadhaar and passport size photo
Business address proof (electricity/ phone bill/gas bill)
Rent Agreement If Rented
Business address photos ( min. 4 to 5)
GST Certificate If Any
IEC Certificate, if Import & Export
Company PAN Card, in case of a company
COI, MOA, AOA, (Partnership Deed If Partnership firm)
GST Certificate if Any
Layout plan (on letterhead duly signed), if manufacturer
List of Equipments used (on letterhead duly signed)
Water report, if applicable
Business address photos ( min. 4 to 5)
BSc Degree of a qualified person ( if applicable)
** The process to obtain FSSAI License of Cloud Kitchen**
- The Applicant must visit the Foscos portal to apply online for a food license. Verifying the eligibility of the Central as well as a State License is the first step in the process of applying. Each address for each location must be recorded separately, and the eligibility of each location must be independently determined.
- Once the page is loaded, click "Sign-up" to request the license that is currently available. Add the contact information to the application form. Check to see if the applicant has a current email or contact number.
- Create your username and then enter the password to sign up. Select Register to complete the registration process after filling out the application.
- After account activation, The Applicant will be notified via an SMS and email notification of their account's successful signing-up.
- Log in to the account and then fill out an FSSAI Application Application Form online.
- Print the online application once you have completed it before clicking "Submit”.
- Record your reference code displayed on the screen after making an application. The reference number is required to track the development of your application to register or license.
FSSAI License is mandatory for all food-related businesses, including cloud kitchens. It ensures that the food meets the standards of the Indian Authority, regardless of what kind of restaurant they own and where it is located. It also ensures the food served to customers is safe and wholesome, and prepared in a secure and hygienic environment.
Contact us on 1800121410410 or leave us a query on WhatsApp no. 9266450125. our expert team of consultants will guide you through the seamless process, ensuring your business meets all the necessary food safety standards and regulations.