How to Apply EPR Certificate Online | EPR Licence | EPR Authorization Certificate
How to apply EPR certificate online - an important authorization introduced by CPCB to prevent, control, and abate pollution.
The Draft Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2021, issued by the Union Ministry of Environment, Forests, and Climate Change raises the concern for appropriate waste management.
In the case of EPR License, the term, waste, can refer to plastic and e-waste as both need to obtain EPR authorization, which serves as proof that established compliance requirements have been met.
However, when it comes to ensuring conformance with established compliance requirements, many factories/ industries fail to do so and end up paying the penalties. In order to eliminate this gap, the government is constantly reviewing and inspecting premises. That imposes an obligation on concerned industrialists and e-waste generators to ensure conformance with compliance requirements.
India has taken several steps for the purpose of environmental preservation, if we talk about plastic waste, then India recycles over 60 percent of its plastic, as per the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) 2019 report.
No doubt, plastic can be utilized in several ways ranging from shelf life for edibles to medical equipment and automotive, The usefulness of plastic can not be underestimated, however, so are its side effects.
That makes it our responsibility to systematically manage the plastic, along with e-waste management, not only during manufacturing but also when utilizing it.
With that, move to the benefits of EPR authorization in the next section.
What Are the Benefits of EPR Authorization | Benefits of EPR Authorization Certificate?
- Minimize the dependence on other waste disposal methods such as burying or burning.
- EPR also diminishes the efforts of local municipalities in maintaining the waste physically and financially.
- Ensures proper recycling and refurbished products or their parts.
- Manages to amplify the ease and promptitude of dissembling the products.
- Promotes the conservation of natural resources.
- Minimize the quantity of waste.
With these advantages, EPR serves to benefit the entire country of India. Rather than being viewed as a mandatory necessity to receive an EPR certification or search how to apply EPR Certificate Online, it is vital to have a fundamental grasp of the same.
So, in the next section, we will know who would need to obtain an EPR authorization.
Who Needs an EPR Authorization | Who Requires to Obtain an EPR Authorization Certificate?
Every Producer, Brand Owner, Recycler, and Manufacturer of plastic must obtain registration from the concerned State Pollution Control Board or the Pollution Control Committee of the Union Territory.
The Plastic Waste Management rules are applicable to every waste generator, local body, Gram Panchayat, manufacturer, importer, and producer of Plastic Materials. Although, along with emphasizing who needs an EPR authorization, it is important to understand the responsibility of producers, importers, and brand owners, as mentioned below -
The producers, within a period of six months from the date of publication of rules, must work out modalities for the waste collection system on the basis of Extended Producers Responsibility and including State Urban Development Departments, either individually or collectively, by their own distribution channel or through the concerned local body.
Every producer must keep a record of details of the person involved in the supply of waste used as raw material to manufacture carry bags or plastic sheets or like or cover made of plastic sheets or multi-layered packaging, inkling e-waste.
Now that we are aware - of who needs an EPR and what are the responsibilities of producers, importers, and brand owners, let’s move to how to apply EPR certificate online.
How to Apply for EPR Certificate Online | EPR Authorization Process
- An application form will be filed.
- Information in regard to waste generation needs to be provided, including estimated target collection for the impending year.
- Information in regard to the strategy to meet the EPR obligations needs to be provided, inclusive of targets.
- An application form will be submitted along with the required documents.
- If required, additional information/ documents need to be provided.
- CPCB will issue an EPR if you meet its obligations/ parameters.
From the certification process mentioned above, the issues one could face while completing the EPR authorization can not be ignored. From understanding documentation to the process of EPR authorization, including tapping into other aspects such as meeting the startled requirements of concerned authorities.
No worries, JR Compliance, India’s leading compliance service provider follows a visionary and exemplary approach to meeting the compliance requirements of our clients. Our approach to ensuring conformance with certification requirements is seamlessly integrated and combines technology and standard services perfectly.
To know more about how we will help in making the EPR authorization process seamless, consider reading the next section.
How JR Compliance Will Make EPR Authorization Seamless?
- Our EPR consultants will file an application on your behalf to ensure the accurate submission of documents and other required information.
- We will provide you with complete support in documentation and evaluation.
- We are equipped with resources and experts to track the application status.
- For appropriate follow-ups and acknowledgments, we will directly coordinate with officials.
- To meet the further requirements of the officials, we are the finest consultants in Delhi because we work closely with officials and other authorities.
- Our experienced and professional consultants will provide 24*7 support to resolve any query you may have.
Understanding how to apply for an EPR certificate online - whether for plastic trash or e-waste management - is essential not only to avoid a penalty or fee but also to conserve the environment. Though plastic and e-waste are commonplace, they harm the environment. This includes emphasizing environmental preservation, supporting the 3Rs, reducing reliance on other trash disposal methods such as burying or burning, and other advantages.
So, “take a step towards environment preservation by emphasizing systematic plastic waste management.”
Further, to create a safe environment JR Compliance - a team of the finest consultants in Delhi has come up with an integrated approach to meet all the obligations or parameters which has been established by CPCB. Till now, we have completed over 100+ EPR certificates for both e-waste and plastics management, contemporary, we are working on 50+ projects.
Here is to a safe environment and a better life.