How to Check Company Registration | How to Check Company Registration
Company registration is one thing, but possessing knowledge of how to check the company registration is another. And to check the status of whether your company is registered or not, you can simply go to the official website of MCA.
As of January 2022, India has over 1.43 million registered companies, from Reliance Industries to Tata Consultancy Services, all the well-recognized Indian companies have been successfully registered under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
The process of company registration, documentation, and checking the status of company registration has been digitized from the introduction of the MCA 21 project in 2006, by the Indian government.
This digitized process not only makes company registration seamless but also allows to track the status of the company registration application, with the snap of a finger. For a better understanding of how to check whether company registration has been done or not, let’s have a brief view of MCA.
As mentioned, MCA is an acronym for Ministry of Corporate Affairs, with a fundamental focus on the administration of the Companies Act, 2013, the Companies Act, 1947, Limited Liability Act, 2008, and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
It has been established with the objective to make company registration seamless through a complete emphasis on digital transformation.
MCA is like an apex body, much like a BIS, that ensures conformance with compliance requirements, including checking whether established standards are being followed or not.
Since the role of MCA is established, let’s briefly discuss different types of companies before understanding how to check registration of a company.
Types of Companies You Can Register
According to Section 2 (68) of the Companies Act, 2013, a private limited company is a company whose Article of Association (AoA) restricts the transfer of shares, including preventing the public from subscribing to the same. In brief, it is a privately owned business entity, which is generally owned by non-governmental organizations.
Benefits of a Private Limited Company
- Its members have limited liability which ensures that a member is not liable to pay more than the nominal value of the share held by him.
- To incorporate a private limited company, no minimum capital is required.
- Perpetual succession, which implies even in case of bankruptcy, death of a member, etc a private limited company will continue to exist.
- Allow promoters to raise the equity funds from the stock exchange, private equity firms, etc.
- The liability of the company and its members are not the same - separate legal entities.
Requirements For Incorporation of Private Limited Company
- Minimum 2 members and 2 directors are required.
- Directors and shareholders could be the same.
- At one director must be a resident of India.
- Director Identification Number (DIN) will be required.
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) will be required.
Under the Companies Act, 2013 a public limited company is a company that allows the transfer of shares to the general public. Moreover, its stock can be acquired by an individual either privately or through trade.
- The transfer/ sale of large parts to the public disperses the unsystematic risk.
- Provides an opportunity to raise capital as it offers a large part of its share to the general public.
- Does not impose debt on its members as limited liability is one of its benefits.
- Easy access to loans as compared to a private limited company.
Requirements For Incorporation of Public Limited Company
- For the incorporation of a public limited company, a minimum of three directors are required.
- Directors’ Digital Identification Number (DIN).
- A Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) of at least one director is required.
- Documents like MoA and AoA, including DIR - 12, INC - 7, and INC - 22 are required.
- An application indicating the company’s main objective.
3. One Person Company (OPC)
Under Section 2 (62) of the Companies Act, 2013, an OPC is a business form that comprises only a single person as its members. Moreover, under this form of business, an individual promoter holds complete authority over the business. To file the government tenders and easy access to loans, registration of an OPC is essential, however, before that let’s have a look at its benefits -
- The separate legal entity provides similar rights to a company as a person such as entering in the contract, suing or sued, etc.
- Perpetual succession, thus, will continue to exist despite the death, bankruptcy, etc of its members.
- Ideal for business incorporation of a small business.
- Provide complete control and are easy to manage.
- Provide tax flexibility to the business.
Requirements For Incorporation of an OPC
- Company’s Memorandum of Association (MoA) and Article of Association (AoA).
- DIN of the director.
- eMoA and eAoA, if not available in PDFs of both.
- Declaration certificate by professional to indicate conformance with compliance.
- Declaration and director’s consent in Form INC - 9 and DIR - 2.
- A nominee must be appointed in case the director or member dies.
It is a business structure that includes two or more individuals who agreed to work together with the motive to control or manage a business as per either a registered or not registered partnership deed.
- Easy to commence with the online self-assessment process.
- No need to maintain a complete record of corporate tax, which makes it easy to manage a partnership firm.
- Unlike a sole proprietorship, in a partnership firm, partners can share their burden/ loss.
- The incorporation and operation of a partnership firm are economical as partners pool their resources.
Requirements For Incorporation of a Partnership Firm
- An affidavit claiming intention of partnership deed.
- At least two partners.
- Address and identity proof.
- Partnership deed.
It has been formed under the Limited Liability partnership Act 2008, it is basically a type of partnership in which some/ all partners have limited liability as per jurisdiction. Therefore, it has features of both - a corporation and a partnership firm.
- Flexibility as it includes less comprehensive legal and procedural requirements.
- Perpetual succession means that its existence is not affected by the death and bankruptcy of a partner.
- Easy transfer of ownership without procedural delays.
- The company can act like a person, thus, it can be sued or can sue, etc.
- It is organized and managed by an agreement.
- Provide technical and professional support.
Requirements For Incorporation of LLP
- For incorporation of LLP, at least two partners will be required.
- Every partner must agree to contribute toward capital requirements.
- In the case of foreign nationals or NRIs, one designated partner must be an Indian resident.
- DSC of all designated partners.
- No minimum capital requirement.
National Initiative For Developing and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI), is a financial institution or NBFC which engages in deposit or lending of money to its members. NIDHI company is registered under the Companies Act, 2013, and is governed by the guidelines of RBI (Reserve Bank of India).
- Legal requirements for the incorporation of NIDHI are less/ a few.
- Works as per the guidelines of RBI which provides credibility and trustworthiness.
- According to NIDHI Rule, 2014 it is a form of NBFC which accepts deposits and lends money to its members only, which reduces the risk of non-payment of loans.
- Net-owned funding system, which means that the owner will invest money to increase the same.
Requirements For Incorporation of Nidhi Company
- At least seven members are required for the incorporation of NIDHI.
- The minimum capital requirement for Nidhi company incorporation is 5 lakh.
- Directors Director Identification Number (DIN).
- Not authorized to issue preference shares.
So, here, you have to get to know what major types of companies exist depending on different requirements and providing different benefits to their owner/ partner. Moreover, company and firm registration also include the Producer company and the Insurance company.
Be it registration of a private limited company, public limited company, Nidhi company, LLP, Producer company, or any other type of company - consider it done with JR Compliance. We have been providing company registration services since 2013, with all these years, we possess the required knowledge and expertise to meet compliance requirements at the Indian and global levels.
Before diving into how to check registration of a company, let’s know the general process of company registration. Although, a company registration process differs depending on the type of company you are registering for.
How to Register a Company | Company Registration Process
Since the company registration seems easy with these three steps, however, these are the general steps for incorporation of any company. But the company registration of all the companies includes changes and several requirements which are mandatory to implement.
So, to meet these requirements - a professional approach to meet corporate compliance requirements is required and JR Compliance is the right choice. We have completed 10,000+ corporate compliance projects successfully which shows that we are experienced and knowledgeable compliance service providers.
With that, let’s move to the next section, how to check company registration online.
How to Check Company Registration | How to Check Registration of Company?
To check the registration of the company, you are required to follow these simple steps -
- Visit the official website of MCA.
- Click on MCA service.
- Click on “company service,” to check the company's name.
- Enter company/ LLP name and activity type.
- Company details will be displayed below on the same page.
Although, if you possess the CIN number of the company, you can check the company registration through the below-mentioned process.
- Visit the official website of MCA.
- Click on MCA service and click on “view company/ LLP master data.”
- On the next page, enter the company name, CIN number, and captcha.
By following these two methods to check the company registration, you can simply check the registration of the company. We won’t lie, anyone can check whether their company is registered or not. Conversely, you might need our assistance in the company registration process, considering that to register a company, one must have knowledge of documents required for registration, including conformance with compliance requirements.
How to check company registration - is a seamless process. Thus, even a layman can find whether a company is registered or not after a duration of 5-6 days, as these many days are required to register a company once you have all the required documents.
Possessing the knowledge of all the requirements in regard to different companies is not possible for a layman - thus, we - JR Compliance consists of a team of corporate compliance experts who will be responsible for taking care of certification requirements.
Our experienced consultants will individually handle your registration process and will meet your expectations within your time constraints, including checking the status of your company registration.
So, get in touch with our experts to meet your compliance requirements immediately.
How to Register a Company? | Company Registration | Company Incorporation Process
Know how to register a company, including its benefits, types of companies that exist, and what is the process of company incorporation.
How To Do A Partnership Company Registration?
Get your partnership company registration done by following this step-by-step guide. Click here to know the seamless process of partnership company registration.