How to Get ISI Mark For a Product | ISI Certification Mark
ISI mark - a mark of safety and conformity is an obligatory requirement to sell and import products in India. However, the question which still remains is - how to get ISI mark for a product?
But before understanding the ISI mark registration procedure, it would be helpful to know what is ISI mark?
ISI mark refers to the Indian Standards of Institute (ISI), a certification scheme under the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) which serves as an assurance that a product has met the Indian safety standards. Therefore, a product is safe and reliable for final consumers.
To make it more clear, let’s see, what is the Bureau of Indian Standards?
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), is an authority, that provides certification as a way of imparting the product’s quality, safety, and credibility of the brands, manufacturers, and producers to the customers. It is discrete in nature.
BIS came into existence in 1986 under the act of Parliament. BIS certification incorporates testing, hallmarking, product certification, standard formulation, and calibration.
Moreover, in the year 2016, the new Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 came into existence which has fortified the activities of the BIS considering standardization and certificate of products, articles, systems, processes, and services.
To be precise, over 20,000+ products fall under the purview of ISI certificate, out of which over 379 products require to obtain the ISI mark on a mandatory basis. In a nutshell, a product can’t be sold or distributed in the Indian market without conforming to these standards.
Being an expert, we would advise you to certify your products, whether it is mandatory to obtain a certificate or not, as a certified product ensures credibility and high-quality product.
Now, the question is - what are the other benefits of the ISI mark rather than protecting a manufacturer from the imposition of penalty and ensuring credibility?
Indeed, an ISI mark prevents a manufacturer from the imposition of fine or debarment, it could also be both.
Now, with the understanding of what is ISI mark, here, in section, we will discuss some of the benefits of the ISI mark.
Benefits of Obtaining ISI Mark
- ISI mark serves as evidence that a product complies with Indian standards.
- Prevent the imposition of penalties and fines.
- Serves as evidence that a product is tested and certified as per Indian standards.
- Provides a competitive edge over competitors because a consumer will prefer a certified good rather because it signifies quality and safety.
- Easy market access and acceptance in the market.
- Allow you to file a government tender.
An ISI mark offers several benefits to both - consumers and producers, but getting into the challenging part of how to complete the ISI mark registration procedure, to know which products fall under the purview of BIS, click here.
Now in the next section, let’s understand distinct products that fall under the ISI mark certification.
What Are the Products that Fall Under Purview of ISI Mark Certification?
As mentioned, the ISI mark includes over 20,000+ products, including products that require mandatory and voluntary certification, as mentioned above. For your convenience, we are mentioning some of the products which fall under the ISI certification purview -
How to Get ISI Mark For a Product | ISI Mark Certification Process
- An application form will be duly filed.
- A factory inspection will be conducted for the assessment of manufacturing infrastructure, production process, quality control, and more.
- During factory inspection, a product sample will be withdrawn for testing in a third-party laboratory.
- The product test of the tested sample will be reviewed.
- If a product complies with the established safety standards, an ISI certificate will be issued.
ISI mark registration procedure seems to include an easy series of steps, however, one of the most essential factors to completing the ISI mark registration process is complying with the laid standards and specifications. Thus, having an appropriate understanding of applicable standards on a product, including meeting their requirements.
Although, for a layman, it would be challenging to complete the certification process, especially without a professional approach. Here is why we - JR Compliance is a perfect choice for your certification requirements. Let’s see how we make the ISI mark registration procedure seamless.
How Will We Help in Seamless ISI Mark Registration Procedure?
How JR Compliance Will Ensure That a Product Will be Laid Standards?
- First, our ISI certification consultants will analyze whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not.
- If a product falls under BIS purview, our ISI registration consultants will understand the applicable standards on a particular product to provide appropriate and reliable guidelines.
- We are the one-stop solution to meet certification requirements because our ISI registration consultants will conduct a product analysis to ensure that a product complies with the standards.
How Do We Make ISI Certificate Process Easy?
- Our ISI certification consultants will provide you with complete knowledge in regard to the certification process and applicable standards on a product.
- An in-house testing facility is an obligatory requirement to obtain an ISI mark and we are equipped with all the resources to provide you with complete assistance in establishing one.
- Our ISI certification consultants will directly coordinate with the laboratory or officials for proper follow-ups and acknowledgments.
- Our ISI certification consultants will complete the documentation, evaluation, and examination to ensure complete accuracy.
- Our ISI certification consultants possess experience of over 9+ years and have completed over 1000+ ISI certification processes and still working on 250+ projects.
How Do We Make Factory Inspection of ISI Certificate Easy?
- We will conduct a pre-audit to ensure that factory premises conform to the laid standards.
- We will directly coordinate with officials to schedule a factory inspection.
- Our BIS consultants will meet the startled requirements of the concerned authorities.
The ISI mark registration procedure is no easy task because it includes several activities such as product analyzes, knowledge of applicable standards, and more to ensure conformance with the standards.
Well, no doubt, you are at the right place!
JR Compliance - India’s leading compliance service provider, possesses the required experience and professional knowledge to take care of any challenge a manufacturer would face completing the ISI mark registration procedure.
At JR Compliance we are committed to delivering responsive and excellent services to our clients by meeting your time constraints without compromising the accuracy of results and test methods. Moreover, we assure to maintain flexibility, adaptability, and a positive attitude while handling your project.