IEC 60571 (ELECTRICAL- ENVIRONMENTAL TEST FACILITY)
IEC 60571 is applicable on electronic equipment, hardware, and software equipment, which is one of the largest global consumer electronic markets, which is expected from USD 689.45 billion in 2020 to USD 989.37 billion in 2027, showing a positive growth.
However, if we look at the statistical data it is expected to grow from $1,129.39 billion in 2021 to $1,215.76 billion in 2022, while that of the software market is expected to reach USD 474.61 billion in 2022.
Although, the electronic, hardware, and software equipment falls under the purview of this standard especially used for railway applications.
With the increase in the demand of the electronic equipment, hardware and software equipment, it is essential to ensure conformance with compliance requirements with the purpose to ensure safety, reliability, and credibility of the product.
Most importantly, it is essential to meet the requirements provided in IEC 60571 to enter the global market, since a tested and certified product serves as a proof of high quality.
Therefore, a consumer prefers a product which ensures high quality and safety, which results in higher sales and profit. For a better understanding of why product testing is essential, let’s move to the next section.
Why is Product Testing Crucial | Importance of Product Testing
- One of the most important purposes of testing is quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure the conformance with established technical standards to produce high quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize the profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- Helps in retaining customers, thus, providing a competitive edge.
- Helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in case of weather, wear tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
With the benefits of product testing, we can clearly estimate how testing ensures quality assurance and product credibility.
Since, it has been established how essential product testing is, now let’s move to the benefits of complying with standards.
What Are the Benefits of Complying With Standards?
Complying with standards offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, that further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A certified product serves as an evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Seamless to file government tenders.
With these benefits of ensuring conformance with IS 60571 standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming to unmatched quality standards.
Now, in the next section, we will learn about test requirements and product scope of the IS 60571.
Scope of IEC 60571
IEC 60571 is an international standard which provides information with respect to the conditions for operation, design, construction, and testing of electric equipment, including basic hardware and software requirements, which are considered important for a competent and reliable equipment.
Moreover, IEC 60571 is applicable to all electronic equipment with the purpose of controlling, regulating, and protecting, and supplying installed on rail vehicles and associated with the accumulator vehicle’s battery or a low voltage power supply source with or without direct connection with the contact system.
How We Help Ensuring Conformance With IEC 60571 Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of IEC 60571.
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the BIS standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with a BIS accredited laboratory for product testing.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
IS 60571, an Indian Standard applicable to electrical cables, which are usually used in the Mining industry and metro industries, is one of the major contributors to our economic development. Considering that, it is not only mandatory but necessary to ensure conformance with specifications mentioned in IS 60571 with the purpose to introduce your product in the Indian market.
Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider are equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above and beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, get in touch with our experts.