IEC 62368(Part-1) ELECTRONICS- IT EQUIPMENT
International Standard IEC 62368 provides information with respect to the safety of electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information, and communication technology, including business and offices.
Be it an office or a school, electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information, and communication technology are being used for different purposes, for meeting, seminars, or teaching purposes.
Yet, conformance with compliance requirements can be ignored, especially with the constant change in the technology, since a tested and certified product ensures that a product is safe and reliable, including providing you with the global market entry.
With that, a test product also provides a sense of security to the consumers, which further retains the customers, while retaining customers.
For a better understanding of the importance of product testing, let’s move onto the next section.
Why is Product Testing Crucial | Importance of Product Testing
- One of the most important purposes of testing is quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure the conformance with established technical standards to produce high quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize the profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- Helps in retaining customers, thus, providing a competitive edge.
- Helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in case of weather, wear tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
With the benefits of product testing, we can clearly estimate how testing ensures quality assurance and product credibility.
Since, it has been established how essential product testing is, now let’s move to the benefits of complying with standards.
What Are the Benefits of Complying With Standards?
Complying with standards offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, that further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A certified product serves as an evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Seamless to file government tenders.
With these benefits of ensuring conformance with IEC 62368 standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming to unmatched quality standards.
Now, in the next section, we will learn about test requirements and product scope of the IEC 62368.
Scope of IEC 62368 Part 1
International Standard IEC 62368 provides information with respect to the safety of electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information, and communication technology, including business and office machines containing the voltage below 600V.
It is to be noted that, IEC 62368 excludes any performance or functional characteristics of equipment, therefore, only include product safety standards which classifies the energy sources and prescribes safety parameters against the provided energy sources.
This standard has been introduced with the purpose to ensure product safety within the provided scope and specifications laid by the International Electrotechnical Commission.
How We Help Ensuring Conformance With IEC 62368 Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of IEC 62368.
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of the concerned standard, including whether a product complies with the standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with an accredited laboratory for product testing.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of concerned authorities.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
IS 62368, an Indian Standard applicable to electrical cables, which are usually used in the Mining industry and metro industries, is one of the major contributors to our economic development. Considering that, it is not only mandatory but necessary to ensure conformance with specifications mentioned in IS 62368 with the purpose to introduce your product in the Indian market.
Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider are equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above and beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, get in touch with our experts.