IEC 62506 (ELECTRICAL- LAMPS, LUMINARIES & ACCESSORIES)
International Standard IEC 62506 includes specification for distinct accelerated test techniques for measurement or improvement of product reliability. Considering the crucial role played by cables in major industries of India, International Electrotechnical Council had introduced the mentioned standards keeping in view of public interest. That’s why, IEC is a mandatory requirement for cables, for the purpose of quality assurance.
The use of cables in these industries could affect the global economy as a whole, since these industries have a major impact on economic growth.
Though, to ensure the manufacturing or importing of high quality products, certain tests are conducted that serves as a proof of high quality assurance and credibility.
Basically, the mentioned standard includes the information in respect to the test to be conducted on the electrical cables to check their quality and credibility to reflect that certain technical standards have been followed. Particularly, product testing is crucial to ensure that a product is safe and reliable, which is important to stay ahead of the competition and to maximize the reputation and profits.
Above all, product testing helps you retain the consumers through meeting their expectations.
For a better understanding of why product testing is important, let’s have a look at why product testing is crucial.
Why is Product Testing Crucial | Importance of Product Testing
- One of the most important purposes of testing is quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure the conformance with established technical standards to produce high quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize the profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- Helps in retaining customers, thus, providing a competitive edge.
- Helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in case of weather, wear tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
With the benefits of product testing, we can clearly estimate how testing ensures quality assurance and product credibility.
Since, it has been established how essential product testing is, now let’s move to the benefits of complying with standards.
What Are the Benefits of Complying With Standards?
Complying with standards offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, that further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A certified product serves as an evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Seamless to file government tenders.
With these benefits of ensuring conformance with IEC 62506 standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming to unmatched quality standards.
Scope of IEC 62506
International Standard IEC 62506 includes specification for distinct accelerated test techniques for measurement or improvement of product reliability. Moreover, it also emphasizes on identification of possible failure modes which can be expressed in the use of a product or item and their mitigation is instrumental to ensure the dependability of the item.
Also, the object of the method is to identify the possible design weaknesses or provide information on an item dependability or to achieve important reliability or availability requirements.
How We Help Ensuring Conformance With IEC 62506 Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of IEC 62506.
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of the concerned standard, including whether a product complies with the standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with an accredited laboratory for product testing.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of concerned authorities.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
IEC 62506, an Indian Standard applicable to electrical cables, which are usually used in the Mining industry and metro industries, is one of the major contributors to our economic development. Considering that, it is not only mandatory but necessary to ensure conformance with specifications mentioned in IEC 62506 with the purpose to introduce your product in the Indian market.
Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider are equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above and beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, get in touch with our experts.