IS 10322(Part-1) ELECTRICAL- LAMPS, LUMINARIES & ACCESSORIES
Indian Standard IS 10322 Part 1 includes specifications with respect to general requirements for luminaries. This standard was adopted by Indian Standard Institution on October 20th, 1982, proceeding to the finalization of the draft by the Illuminating Engineering Sectional Committee, which had been approved by the Electrotechnical Division Council.
Considering that the market size of LED lights and luminaries stood at $ 918.70 million in 2016, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 24.66%, in value terms, during 2016-2022, to reach $ 3,758.74 million by 2022, it can seamlessly conclude that it imposes an urgent requirement to ensure conformance with compliance requirements.
More specifically because a tested product is not only of high quality, but also ensures safety and reliability of consumers from socks and other hazards it could impose. With that, a tested and certified product also provides a competitive advantage to manufacturers or importers.
However, with the high usage of LED lights, it is also essential to ensure that it must comply with the IEC 60598 Part 1 standard to ensure the safety of consumers. Thus, earning high profit and sales.
A tested and certified product, does not only achieve global market access seamlessly, but also ensures competitive advantage, so, more customer acceptance and wider market access.
For a better understanding of why product testing is important and how it is beneficial for both, manufacturers and consumers, let’s move on to the next section.
Why is Product Testing Crucial | Importance of Product Testing
- One of the most important purposes of testing is quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure the conformance with established technical standards to produce high quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize the profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- Helps in retaining customers, thus, providing a competitive edge.
- Helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in case of weather, wear tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
With the benefits of product testing, we can clearly estimate how testing ensures quality assurance and product credibility.
Since, it has been established how essential product testing is, now let’s move to the benefits of complying with standards.
What Are the Benefits of Complying With Standards?
Complying with standards offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, that further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A certified product serves as an evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Seamless to file government tenders.
With these benefits of ensuring conformance with IS 10322 Part 1 standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming to unmatched quality standards.
Now, in the next section, we will learn about test requirements and product scope of the IS 10322 Part 1.
Scope IS 10322 Part 1
IS 10322 Part 1 includes information about general specifications and requirements for luminaries for use with tungsten filament, tabular fluorescent, and other discharge lamps on the supply of voltage not increasing above 1000V.
How We Help Ensuring Conformance With IS 10322 Part 1 Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of Indian Standard IS 10322 Part 1
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the BIS standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with a BIS accredited laboratory for product testing.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
IS 10322 Part 1, an Indian Standard applicable to electrical cables, which are usually used in the Mining industry and metro industries, is one of the major contributors to our economic development. Considering that, it is not only mandatory but necessary to ensure conformance with specifications mentioned in IS 10322 Part 1 with the purpose to introduce your product in the Indian market.
Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider are equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above and beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, get in touch with our experts now.