IS 16333 (Part 3) | Mobile Phone Handset Testing
What is IS 16333 (Part 3) ?
IS 16333 (Part 3) provides information with respect to “Mobile Phone Handsets-Part 3 - Indian Language Support for Mobile Phone Handsets - Specific Requirements.” It is mandatory testing that is to be conducted on mobile handsets, with the purpose to remove the language barrier.
Moreover, with the increase in the usage of mobile phones, it is essential to ensure seamless usage by ensuring that individuals do not face language barriers while receiving or sending a message.
If we look at statistical data, US$ 139 billion in 2021, and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 10.5% and reach US$ 281 billion by 2022, from this we can seamlessly conclude how essential it is to remove the barrier in the Indian market considering that India speaks 22 separate official languages, including it is the home of total 121 languages.
Therefore, from moving from one state to another, the Indian language changes and evolves with time, which emphasizes the need for development in technology to serve the needs of the concerned individual.
Considering its importance, let’s move on to the benefits of complying with standards.
What Are the Benefits of Complying With IS 16333 (Part 3)?
Complying with standards offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A certified product serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Seamless to file government tenders.
With that let’s have a look at the importance of product testing in the next section.
Why is Product Testing Crucial | Importance of Product Testing
- One of the most important purposes of testing is quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure conformance with established technical standards to produce high-quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- Helps in retaining customers, thus, providing a competitive edge.
- Helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in case of weather, wear tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
With these benefits and the importance of product testing, let’s move onto the scope IS 16333 standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming unmatched quality standards.
IS 16333 Part 3 includes “Guidelines for Implementation of IS 16333 (Part 3): 2016 - ‘Mobile Phone Handsets-Part 3 - Indian Language Support for Mobile Phone Handsets - Specific Requirements.”
As provided, it is mandatory to ensure compliance with the requirements provided in the mentioned standards.
How We Help Ensuring Conformance With IS 16333 Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of IS 16333.
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the Bureau of Indian Standards(BIS) standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with a BIS accredited laboratory for product testing.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
IS 16333, an Indian Standard applicable to electrical cables, which are usually used in the Mining industry and metro industries, is one of the major contributors to our economic development. Considering that, it is not only mandatory but necessary to ensure conformance with specifications mentioned in IS 16333 with the purpose to introduce your product in the Indian market.
Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider are equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above-and-beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, Get in touch with the best compliance consultants in India.