IS 302, Part 2, Section 31 ELECTRICAL- DOMESTIC ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
IS 302, Part 2, Section 31 includes safety requirements and specifications with respect to the Safety of households and Similar Electrical Appliances, particularly for range hoods. A range hood is typically a hood that filters air contaminants and grease to the outside of the home through ductwork.
Considering the type of equipment, it is one of the major parts of the kitchen appliance, which provides one of the largest markets for a manufacturer to expand its scope of business, with the proximity to growth by $810.43 million by the year 2027.
The Bureau of Indian Standards has adopted the IS 302, Part 2, Section 31 proceeding to the finalization of the draft by the Electrical Appliances Sectional Committee, which was approved by the Electrotechnical Division Council.
Keeping the public interest in safety, IS 302, Part 2, Section 31 has been introduced as protection against safety hazards with respect to thermal, electrical, mechanical, fire, and radiation of the same.
Though, it is to be noted that, it is not mandatory to ensure conformance with compliance under IS 302, Part 2, Section 31. However, being experts, we will advise you to meet the safety requirements and specifications provided under IS 302, Part 2, Section 31, since a tested and certified product is most preferable to the consumers.
Therefore, the introduction of a tested product in the market, too, especially in one of the largest markets, can serve you a better opportunity for customer retention and a competitive edge.
For a better understanding of how a tested product can be beneficial to manufacturers and consumers both, let’s move to the next section.
Why is Product Testing Crucial | Importance of Product Testing
- One of the most important purposes of testing is quality assurance of a product that reflects high quality, safety, and reliability.
- Product testing allows the manufacturer to ensure conformance with established technical standards to produce high-quality and safe products.
- Build reputation and maximize the profit, considering that a tested product indicates quality assurance.
- Helps in retaining customers, thus, providing a competitive edge.
- Helps in understanding distinct types of stress a product can endure, be it in case of weather, wear tear, and other conditions.
- In the initial prototyping stage, if you are trying to avail investment in order to manufacture your product in mass quantities, a tested product can allow you to achieve patent and investors as it shows the quality and functionality of the product.
With the benefits of product testing, we can clearly estimate how testing ensures quality assurance and product credibility.
Since, it has been established how essential product testing is, now let’s move to the benefits of complying with standards.
What Are the Benefits of Complying With Standards?
Complying with standards offers numerous benefits to manufacturers and importers of the product, which further helps in building trustworthiness and reliability, thus retaining the customers.
Why, don’t we look at other benefits of the same -
- A certified product acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
- A certified product serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
- A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
- It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
- Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
- Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
- Seamless to file government tenders.
With these benefits of ensuring conformance with IS 302, part 2, section 31 standards and specifications, a manufacturer can establish that a product is safe, reliable, and credible, thus, confirming unmatched quality standards.
Product Scope IS 302, Part 2, Section 31
IS 302, Part 2, Section 31 covers safety specifications and requirements of electric range hoods used for installing over household cooking ranges, hobs, and alike cooking appliances, while their voltage not being over 250V.
However, IS 302, Part 2, Section 31 is not applicable to appliances used for regular household usage, as it can impose hazards, if used by a layman in shops, in light industry, and on farms. Therefore, this standard excludes these from its scope.
Moreover, all the danger which could occur due to the usage of the appliance in and out of the house falls under the scope of IS 302, Part 2, Section 31. Information with respect to which conditions do not fall under the scope of this standard is mentioned below -
- Usage of appliances by young kids and infirmed individuals without any supervision.
- Playing with appliances by young children.
How We Help Ensuring Conformance With IS 302 Specifications?
- We will educate you concerning every aspect of IS 302.
- We will check whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not, including whether a product complies with the BIS standards or not, then, after mutual understanding, the project will move forward.
- There is no better place to obtain it than JR Compliance because we will analyze the product requirements to give clear guidelines.
- JR Compliance has experienced expert professionals, who can assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination.
- We are equipped with the necessary resources to conduct a virtual pre-audit to confirm whether your manufacturing unit and production process are complying with provided specifications or not.
- JR Compliance will schedule a meeting with the BIS officer for a factory audit.
- If you lack an in-house testing facility, we will help you in setting up one.
- We will coordinate with a BIS-accredited laboratory for product testing.
- You can expect reliable and punctual service delivery as we will also visit the BIS office on your behalf if required.
- We invest our sustained efforts to meet the startled queries or demands of BIS.
- In case of any concern, we assure to provide the finest solution.
IS 302, an Indian Standard applicable to electrical cables, which are usually used in the Mining industry and metro industries, is one of the major contributors to our economic development. Considering that, it is not only mandatory but necessary to ensure conformance with specifications mentioned in IS 302 with the purpose to introduce your product in the Indian market.
Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider are equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above and beyond support to obtain a BIS certificate.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, get in touch with our experts.