How To Get an ISI Mark For Food Products | BIS Certification For Food Products
India is the second-largest producer of food in the world - that does not only make India the highest consumer of food but a contributor too. However, as a matter of fact, the degraded quality of food can cause serious harm. That’s why the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has made the ISI mark for food products.
That begs a question - how is a BIS certification is applicable to food products?
Well, the answer to your question is that - a BIS certification is applicable to distinct food products, yet is only products like Follow–up formula – complementary foods; Processed cereal-based complementary foods; Milk-based hexane foods; Milk powder, and more fall under the mandatory certification scheme list. Thus, in this blog, we will only talk about, milk and milk-related products.
With that, let’s first discuss what is a BIS certificate?
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) certification is the way of imparting the product’s quality, safety, and credibility of the brands, manufacturers, and producers to the customers. It is discreetly in nature.
BIS came into existence in 1986 under the act of Parliament. BIS certification incorporates testing, hallmarking, product certification, standard formulation, and calibration.
Moreover, in the year 2016, the new Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 came into existence which has fortified the activities of the BIS considering standardization and certificate of products, articles, systems, processes, and services.
Since, it is clear, what is BIS certification and why BIS certification for food products is required, 'let’s understand the benefits of a BIS certificate.
What Are the Benefits of ISI Mark Certification?
A BIS certificate acts as a shield against penalties and fines which could be imposed for not certifying a product.
A BIS certificate serves as evidence that a product has been tested and certified as per prescribed standards.
A certified product provides a sense of security and safety to the consumers, thus ensuring easy acceptance.
It provides a competitive advantage over competitors.
Easy market acceptance as a product is tested and certified.
Confirm the unmatched quality standards.
Provides easy market access.
How to Complete the BIS Certification For Food Products | ISI Mark For Food Products Registration Procedure
Process of ISI Mark For Food Products
- An application form will be duly filed.
- A factory inspection will be conducted for the assessment of manufacturing infrastructure, production process, quality control, and more.
- During factory inspection, a product sample will be withdrawn for testing in a third-party laboratory.
- The product test of the tested sample will be reviewed.
- If a product complies with the established safety standards, an ISI certificate will be issued.
ISI mark registration procedure seems to include an easy series of steps, however, one of the most essential factors to completing the ISI mark registration process is complying with the laid standards. Thus, having an appropriate understanding of applicable standards on a product, including meeting their requirements.
FMCS Certification Process
- The application form will be duly filled accompanied by the required documents.
- Along with form submission, a requisite fee will be paid, then a factory inspection will be conducted to verify the manufacturing and testing infrastructure.
- During factory inspection, the sample of a product will be drawn for independent testing.
- Once the inspection and independent test report verify that the product is complying with the BIS standards, the registration process will move forward.
- Before the grant of a license, the applicant has to pay the license fee and advance minimum marking fee.
- After making payments, the Agreement, Indemnity Bond will be signed and a $10,000 (USD) Performance Bank Guarantee must be furnished instantly after a grant of license.
- The FMCS certificate will be issued if a product complies with the BIS standards.
Although, for a layman, it would be challenging to complete the certification process, especially without a professional approach. Here is why we - JR Compliance is a perfect choice for your certification requirements. Let’s see how we make the BIS certification for food products registration procedure seamless.
How Will We Help in Seamless ISI Mark Registration Procedure?
How JR Compliance Will Ensure That a Product Will be Laid Standards?
- First, we will analyze whether a product falls under the purview of BIS or not.
- If a product falls under BIS purview, we will understand the applicable standards on a particular product to provide appropriate and reliable guidelines.
- We are the one-stop solution to meet certification requirements because our BIS consultants will conduct a product analysis to ensure that a product complies with the standards.
How Do We Make Certification Easy?
- Our BIS consultants will provide you with complete knowledge in regard to the certification process and applicable standards on a product.
- An in-house testing facility is an obligatory requirement to obtain an ISI mark and we are equipped with all the resources to provide you with complete assistance in establishing one.
- Our BIS consultants will directly coordinate with the laboratory or officials for proper follow-ups and acknowledgments.
- Our consultants will complete the documentation, evaluation, and examination to ensure complete accuracy.
- We possess experience of over 9+ years and have completed over 10,000+ BIS certification projects and are still working on 1,000+ projects.
How Do We Make Factory Inspection Easy?
- We will conduct a pre-audit to ensure that factory premises conform to the laid standards.
- We will directly coordinate with officials to schedule a factory inspection.
- Our BIS consultants will meet the startled requirements of the concerned authorities.
The process of obtaining an ISI mark for food products includes challenging aspects because it includes several activities such as product analysis, knowledge of applicable standards, and more to ensure conformance with the standards.
Well, no doubt, you are at the right place!
JR Compliance - India’s leading compliance service provider, possesses the required experience and professional knowledge to take care of any challenge a manufacturer would face completing the ISI mark for food products registration.
Contact our expert team and avail of customer-centric services.
ISI Mark Registration Procedure | How to Apply For ISI Mark | ISI Certification
Searching for a step by step guide of ISI Mark Registration Procedure and How to apply for ISI mark? Click here and know how to get an ISI mark certification done seamlessly.
How to Get ISI Mark For a Product | ISI Certification Mark
Click and know what ISI mark is and how to get ISI mark for a product, including a brief understanding of all aspects associated with an ISI certification mark.