PSARA License | Private Security Agencies Regulation Act
In today’s era, the demand for security and safety is of utmost priority. The need for security and safety is increasing day by day as businesses in India are taking a great hike. After that Psara was formed with the objective of protecting various sectors of businesses.
WHAT IS PSARA LICENSE?
The Private Security Agencies Regulation Act (2005), this act was enacted to make sure that Security agencies operate with a legal framework. The second and foremost reason for creating this act was, to upgrade the Private Security Agencies Standards. Now, the question arises what are security agencies?
Those businesses that provide training and security services are known as Security Agencies.
Do you know?
Security agencies cannot survive (Lawfully) without Psara License. Additionally, these security agencies also provide training for their security careers.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A PSARA LICENSE?
- Increases the credibility of the company.
- Helps in retaining Customer’s trust.
- Avoid denial of rights and services.
- Ensures the smooth functioning of the company.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PSARA LICENSE?
- Character certificate of Employees.
- Pan details
- Identity proof of all the directors and employees.
- Address proof of the registered office.
- Employees State Insurance
- Logo of the agency
- Copy of ITR of each director.
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- An affidavit was obtained as per the Psara Act.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO APPLY FOR PSARA LICENSE
Not every private agency is eligible to apply for Psara License. There are various criteria specified under Psara for obtaining the License.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO BECOME A SECURITY GUARD
- The person must be an Indian citizen.
- The age limit for a security guard is 18-65.
- The person must be trained.
- He/She should qualify for all the physical standards.
- He/She must not be terminated from any government services.
- The person should assure the PSA about his character.
GUIDELINES FOR RENEWAL OF PSARA LICENSE
- A Psara license is valid for 5 years from the date of issuance of the License.
- But there are exceptions, as in Uttrakhand and Chattisgarh, the license should get renewed after 1 year from the date of issuance of the license.
- For a renewable Psara license, an application can be made to the controlling authority not less than 45 days before the expiry of the validity period.
- Additionally, the form must be made with the relevant documents and the fee provided under Sections 6, 7, and 11 of the act.
- The controlling authority shall pass an order on the application of the renewable within 30 days from the date.
PENALTIES UNDER PSARA ACT
- A person operating the security agency without Psara License can be punished with imprisonment or with a fine of ₹2500 or both.
- If any security guard wears the uniform of any army, police or navy officer or any appearance like above mentioned. He/She shall be punished with imprisonment of 1 year or it can be extended and a fine of ₹5000 and more or both.
- Any person who violates Section- 4 can be punished with imprisonment of one or more than one year and a fine of Ten thousand or which can extend up to 25,000 rupees or both.
COMPLIANCES AS PER THE PSARA
First and foremost is that security agencies must train the guards who are hired in their organizations.
The security guards must follow the Uniform Policy.
Security agencies must hire supervisors for the supervision of their security guards.
The Psara needs to follow the criteria, qualifications, and disqualifications specified under Psara’s Act.
PSA should give priority to those who have 3 years of experience.
OUR ROLE IN PROVIDING PSARA LICENSE:
- Our Psara certificate consultants will assist you in the documentation, evaluation, and examination of the product.
- Our Psara certificate consultants will coordinate with the Psara officer to ensure proper examination and testing.
- For up-to-date information, our Psara certification consultants will persistently be in contact with the Psara officer, this will ensure proper follow-ups.
- We will assist you throughout the Psara certificate process of registration to ensure a smooth procedure.
- JR Compliance will provide you with complete help in filling out the application.
- Our consultants will conduct a thorough follow-up with the Psara officer.
- We can schedule the meeting with the Psara officer for examination and evaluation.
Keeping the importance of conformance with compliance in mind, we - JR Compliance, a leading compliance service provider is equipped with experts and resources to provide you with above-and-beyond support to obtain a Psara Certificate.
Till now, we have experience in providing compliance assistance to over 10,000+ global leaders such as Toray, Bombay Dyeing, Softbank, and others.
For details, get in touch with our experts.