GST Registration- Significance & Procedure 2023 | GST Certificate Process
**What is GST? **
Goods and Service Tax ( GST) is a tax that you have to pay to the Indian government if you are supplying any goods or services across the country. For businesses whose turnover exceeds the threshold limit of 50 lahks, 20 lahks, or 10 lahks, as the case may be, they must file for GST.
In this article, we will discover GST Registration, its significance, eligibility criteria, the documents required, and the process.
What is GST Registration?
GST Registration is a tedious multiple-step process that includes the submission of many business details and scanned documents, but We at JR Compliance provide you with clear and easy how to get GST registration and can help you get GST Registration within 7-10 days.
You can save a large amount of your effort and time! What are you waiting for? Contact us for more information.
Significance of GST Registration
Under the GST tax Act, Businesses whose threshold limit crosses 50 lakhs, 20 lakhs, and 10 lakhs are required to register for GST and pay taxes regularly, Failing which they have to pay a penalty.
Benefits of GST Registration
- It simplifies the services of taxation
- It reduces the cost of Services and Products
- Helps in avoiding the complicated and lengthy process of taxation
- Aims at reducing corruption
- Helps in minimization of tax evasion
- Organization and regulation of unorganized sector
Eligibility for GST Registration
- GST Based on Turnover in Financial Year
- For Businesses that deal in the sale of Goods and their annual turnover average is around 40 lakh
- For Businesses providing services, their turnover must be around 20 lakh per annum.
- ** GST Based on Business Categories**
Online Businesses/ commerce platform/ online teaching
- GST Based on NRI
If you are supplying any goods/ services across India, then GST Registration is mandatory
- GST Based on whether your business is stationary
If you are doing business that operates from multiple states, then you must obtain separate GST for each state.
Also if your place of doing business is not stationary and products are supplied in multiple states, then in that case, GST Registration is a must.
- GST Based on whether your tax paid falls under Reverse Charge
A reverse Charge is a charge in which the client pays GST on your behalf for the goods you are selling to them. So if the tax paid by you falls under the category of Reverse Tax then you must Register for GST.
To learn more, watch this Video about GST Registration Portal 2023
Documents Required for GST Registration
- For Proprietorship
Individual Adhaar card, PAN Card, Passport Size photograph, Name and activity of business
- For Pvt. Ltd. Company
Company details and Address Proof
Register for GST Registration through JR Compliance
When you apply for GST through JR Compliance, you can get GST Registration for your startup, firm, or establishment within 7-10 days.
Steps to obtain GST Certification online are as follows:
- Enter your name, phone, email, and message on the form provided on our site.
- When we receive your request, our GST expert will reach out to you and understand your Business- its type, entity, the state in which you are established, etc.
- They will also answer your queries. Don’t hesitate to reach out!
- They will also obtain and verify the necessary documents for GST registration.
Once the payment is initiated, the GST registration process begins and we make sure your application gets processed.
Everything is completely online, you don't have to be physically present at the office. Our team is available to answer any query you might be having.
We look forward to helping you with your GST registration.
JR Compliance is an award-winning team of corporate GST Registration Consultants who have been providing 360-degree compliance services to companies throughout the country.